Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

soccerisfun

Re: All things PAYSL - Pflugerville

Post by soccerisfun » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:03 am

Young teams wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:21 pm
talentedkids wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:36 am
PAYSL and T&C have the same problem. They have a good REC base which feed good talented kids to their academy. Those players would dominate the academy because at this age the more talented kids would usually win (they could do it without a coach in the simple 6v6 now 7v7 game). However when the kids start moving up closer to the big game 9v9 to 11v11 where good coaching that can nurture talent matters, those clubs (teams) falter because the coaching is mediocre. This is the absolute truth. Talent alone can get you so far. At some point good coaching that can nurture a group of talented kids become important and you don't get that from daddy ball unless you win the lottery with a daddy that happen to be a good coach. Same as winning the lottery this is very rare.

All there coaches are at least D licensed. Even Lonestar can’t say that on their national program. Doesn’t equate to knowing the game but still helps. The 06,07,08b are strong groups for the future. Think 09b have a team playing up to. 08g look decent, and academy is getting better and better. With the growth of pflugerville their program can only get better.
Which National LS coach doesn't have an A or B license? or tremendous experience playing at the highest levels in the US or abroad? These people make their money coaching.. you better believe they have the top credentials.. having said that, it is great to have competition, and alternatives for people who cannot afford the astronomical charges of LS. Because they also have to pay health insurance for their coaches.. and the salaries of their admin staff.

Coaches

Post by Coaches » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:42 pm

soccerisfun wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:03 am
Young teams wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:21 pm
talentedkids wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:36 am
PAYSL and T&C have the same problem. They have a good REC base which feed good talented kids to their academy. Those players would dominate the academy because at this age the more talented kids would usually win (they could do it without a coach in the simple 6v6 now 7v7 game). However when the kids start moving up closer to the big game 9v9 to 11v11 where good coaching that can nurture talent matters, those clubs (teams) falter because the coaching is mediocre. This is the absolute truth. Talent alone can get you so far. At some point good coaching that can nurture a group of talented kids become important and you don't get that from daddy ball unless you win the lottery with a daddy that happen to be a good coach. Same as winning the lottery this is very rare.

All there coaches are at least D licensed. Even Lonestar can’t say that on their national program. Doesn’t equate to knowing the game but still helps. The 06,07,08b are strong groups for the future. Think 09b have a team playing up to. 08g look decent, and academy is getting better and better. With the growth of pflugerville their program can only get better.
Which National LS coach doesn't have an A or B license? or tremendous experience playing at the highest levels in the US or abroad? These people make their money coaching.. you better believe they have the top credentials.. having said that, it is great to have competition, and alternatives for people who cannot afford the astronomical charges of LS. Because they also have to pay health insurance for their coaches.. and the salaries of their admin staff.
Coaches with teams listed under “national program”

Aiden- D & west Texas a&m
Jeff Harwell- E &S SMU/Aztecs
Tyra Cameron- C & st edwrds

Board

Post by Board » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Got an email today saying Ref assignor stepping down. Odd for an assignor to step down halfway through season. Both me and my son officiate for him and he’s always been fair on assigning so wonder what the issue is/was?

Interested

Post by Interested » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Any news on paysl ref assignor? Very uncharacteristic...

Update

Post by Update » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Interested wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 pm
Any news on paysl ref assignor? Very uncharacteristic...
Last I saw he sent an email out saying he was staying that the issue that made him resign has been resolved. I know a lot of assignors around the area were upset that he was resigning since he’s been there for about 10 years and has always helped out other organizations that needed refs or fields to play.

Survive

Post by Survive » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:33 am

Have to give it to paysl. Survived when Lonestar was buying out clubs, survived Texans in the backyard and survived the quick boom at wells branch. All within 10 miles of the club. Biggest surprise was surviving Texans with parents as city council members pushing for access to WPP and Bohls.

With that said, how much do their numbers go up? They’re still fairly priced soccer and with this pandemic hurting income, do parents justify paying for sting or Lonestar academy and rec? Texans lost all boys team basically, with some going to cap city but what about the rest?

I can see paysl being the real winner here

Paysl joe

Post by Paysl joe » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:04 am

Survive wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:33 am
Have to give it to paysl. Survived when Lonestar was buying out clubs, survived Texans in the backyard and survived the quick boom at wells branch. All within 10 miles of the club. Biggest surprise was surviving Texans with parents as city council members pushing for access to WPP and Bohls.

With that said, how much do their numbers go up? They’re still fairly priced soccer and with this pandemic hurting income, do parents justify paying for sting or Lonestar academy and rec? Texans lost all boys team basically, with some going to cap city but what about the rest?

PAYSL is the best value, age for age, in the Austin area. My child played college soccer, and It started at the fields off Windermere at PAYSL.

Many parents will tell you that for many, what you get from them is way more than you pay.

I hope they continue to thrive

way2go

Post by way2go » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Paysl joe wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:04 am
Survive wrote:

PAYSL is the best value, age for age, in the Austin area. My child played college soccer, and It started at the fields off Windermere at PAYSL.

Many parents will tell you that for many, what you get from them is way more than you pay.

There is room for lots of clubs in this big and ever growing city. What I don't like is when clubs buy out other clubs to attempt to reduce competition, and reduce the chances for the good players. Having been at LS for 2 years with my daughter, and her telling me she doesnt want to play competitive soccer, we were happy to put her in PAYSL. The only concern we had was they were trying to get the girls to move to select soccer as they got older.. but my daughter has no interest in playing competitive.. she wants to play rec. Luckily they still keep a rec team.. which is not that good.. and plays against younger kids from other teams, but she gets the enjoyment of being in a team, and enjoying soccer as a rec sport.

None

Post by None » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:43 pm

way2go wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm
Paysl joe wrote:
Survive wrote:

There is room for lots of clubs in this big and ever growing city. What I don't like is when clubs buy out other clubs to attempt to reduce competition, and reduce the chances for the good players. Having been at LS for 2 years with my daughter, and her telling me she doesnt want to play competitive soccer, we were happy to put her in PAYSL. The only concern we had was they were trying to get the girls to move to select soccer as they got older.. but my daughter has no interest in playing competitive.. she wants to play rec. Luckily they still keep a rec team.. which is not that good.. and plays against younger kids from other teams, but she gets the enjoyment of being in a team, and enjoying soccer as a rec sport.
This is literally the best story I’ve heard lately.
A young player enjoying soccer.
I’m being dead serious when I say this.
Some other local clubs should come out and watch a day of players enjoying soccer.

And since I’m on a rant, I’ve seen just about every field locked up and posted no trespassing during our little pandemic.
I used to see groups of guys come out to my area of town and just kick it around. Sometimes organize a game.
I would see an occasional dad and kids kicking it around.
Now I can’t think of a single place to go for kicking a ball around.
I know there are some around. My point is, cities, counties, schools should be ashamed of themselves.
People are literally forced to pay to play somewhere.

Like I say, good to hear a young player enjoying the sport.

Awesome post

Post by Awesome post » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:00 am

None wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:43 pm
way2go wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm
Paysl joe wrote:

This is literally the best story I’ve heard lately.
A young player enjoying soccer.
I’m being dead serious when I say this.
Some other local clubs should come out and watch a day of players enjoying soccer.

And since I’m on a rant, I’ve seen just about every field locked up and posted no trespassing during our little pandemic.
I used to see groups of guys come out to my area of town and just kick it around. Sometimes organize a game.
I would see an occasional dad and kids kicking it around.
Now I can’t think of a single place to go for kicking a ball around.
I know there are some around. My point is, cities, counties, schools should be ashamed of themselves.
People are literally forced to pay to play somewhere.

Like I say, good to hear a young player enjoying the sport.
Agreed. Isn’t that what is all about. Glad you’ve found a good fit for your daughter.