• Advertisement

Lethal Enforcer's 2013 Girl's Preseason Rankings

Discussions of Texas High School Soccer - Please no club versus high school discussions!

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Re: Lethal Enforcer's 2013 Girl's Preseason Rankings

Postby Stx Lurker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:08 am

Eastender wrote:Where is, La Porte, Beaumont West Brook, and Baytown Sterling? East Texas getting no respect and all of these programs should be pretty strong.

I would say that your district is well represented with Deer Park and North Shore in the rankings. West Brook was the strongest but lost their stud midfielder. Deer Park will finish first, then North Shore, with Sterling, Laporte and West Brook duking it out with the remaining playoff berths. I don't think Sterling, la Porte West Brook will be as strong as North Shore. And they are they last listed.

In short....t think they rankings are fairly well but together.
Stx Lurker

Advertisement

Postby Cfisd » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 am

Anyone know how CFISD is suppose to be is year? I think Cy-Fair should be a little higher but really know nothing about the rest of the district, anyone help with any of this, OneTouch?

Also curious for a breakdown of CCISD this year and if Falls should really be as good as said, as well as how is Clear Lake is coming around.

Thanks!
Cfisd

Postby Onetouch » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Cfisd wrote:Anyone know how CFISD is suppose to be is year? I think Cy-Fair should be a little higher but really know nothing about the rest of the district, anyone help with any of this, OneTouch?

Thanks!

Tried not to take the bait here, but I'm being forced to watch Power Rangers with my son and am bored out of my mind, so here we go.

Top 5 should be (in alpha order):

Cy Creek
Cy-Fair
Cy Ranch
Cy Woods
Langham Creek

Of course with the impact of freshmen, you never know, but ...

Creek - lost a few kids and I'm not sure what their situation at GK is, but it's Creek and they are always competitive
Fair - lost a great scorer, but feeling pretty good about my group
Ranch - new coach and there is always an adjustment period (good or bad); returns lots of firepower up top, but lost some of their defenders which is what they were known for last year
Woods - were really young last year and were coming along at the end of the year; have almost everyone back, so should be a real contender this year
LC - ditto on the Ranch comments. Were really good defensively last year, but I believe they lost a few of those kids

Jersey Village - playoff team from last year graduated like 9 of 11 starters. Not saying they can't reload, but that's a lot of kids to replace
Onetouch
STXSoccer Varsity Team

Postby 24 5 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

So, what is the word on 24 5-A? I hear that it will be very competitive in that district next yr. Will it continue as in the past? CFHS will make a difference and no more Pearland? How do Dickinson and Brazoswood look?
24 5

Postby Blackandyellow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 am

poolside wrote:
Eastender wrote:Brazoswood is pretty high, they must return a pretty strong team, where do these kids play club?

I think there are several girls from the U17 LJ United (Super II) on Brazoswood's varsity. Not sure where the others play.

Good future...

Almost all of the Intensity girls will be at Brazoswood as Freshmen in Spring 2014, they won the U14 D1 Comp Bracket and will be playing Classic next.

Same goes for the Shock girls in 2015, will start next fall in U14 D1 Comp or Classic.
Blackandyellow
STXSoccer Varsity Team

Postby 56Yiu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am

24 5 wrote:So, what is the word on 24 5-A? I hear that it will be very competitive in that district next yr. Will it continue as in the past? CFHS will make a difference and no more Pearland? How do Dickinson and Brazoswood look?

I really think it comes down to Falls, Springs, and Lake playing for the top 3, Brazoswood as the team to ruin one of those three's party and getting the #3 or #4 spot. Creek should be more competitive this year along with Dickinson perhaps sneaking in that fourth spot. I don't know a thing about Brook besides they have players that can play but they always have issues with club.

Based on how Clear Falls has done so far in 5A in other sports, I don't think it's going to be too much different in soccer and expect them to be playing for the district title. Lake will be a usual contender, and Springs will play their usual second place role.
56Yiu

Postby alumniparent » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:41 am

how's Pearland Varsity girls looking this year. My DD graduated a couple of years ago. Haven't kept up with any hs soccer in a while.
alumniparent

Postby southsider » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 pm

56Yiu wrote:
24 5 wrote:So, what is the word on 24 5-A? I hear that it will be very competitive in that district next yr. Will it continue as in the past? CFHS will make a difference and no more Pearland? How do Dickinson and Brazoswood look?

I really think it comes down to Falls, Springs, and Lake playing for the top 3, Brazoswood as the team to ruin one of those three's party and getting the #3 or #4 spot. Creek should be more competitive this year along with Dickinson perhaps sneaking in that fourth spot. I don't know a thing about Brook besides they have players that can play but they always have issues with club.

Based on how Clear Falls has done so far in 5A in other sports, I don't think it's going to be too much different in soccer and expect them to be playing for the district title. Lake will be a usual contender, and Springs will play their usual second place role.

Agree with the CL, CS, CF as the odds on 1-2-3 teams. Dickinson and Brazoswood will compete for the 4th spot, while Brook and Alvin will battle for 6th/7th. Creek will be lucky to score a goal during conference play.
southsider

Postby Mack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm

[quote="southsider"][quote="56Yiu"][quote="24 5"]quote]

Alvin is no longer in this district.
Mack
STXSoccer JV Team

Postby southsider » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Alvin is no longer in this district.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Crap, now they have even less chance to score.
southsider

PreviousNext

Return to High School Soccer