Next year's favorites

Discussions of Texas High School Soccer - Please no club versus high school discussions!

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Re: Next year's favorites

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 pm

dualdellortos wrote:
Guest wrote:
dualdellortos wrote:When I was also coaching HS girls, I had several girls that would babysit my kids. Didn't worry about, and they got paid like any other babysitter. Parents never said anything and some sitters were starters and some weren't. Non-Issue.
Not disagreeing...but it only takes one bonehead vindictive person to make it an issue. Unfortunate but true.
A bonehead vindictive parent would make an issue out of ANYTHING so I will not waste any of my time worrying about every decision I make, 8-)
Even if that person is the booster club queen??? Be honest...

close to home

Post by close to home » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Wow! you must be in the know at Johnson!

dualdellortos
STXSoccer Forum Legend

Post by dualdellortos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Yep, my booster club queen then attempted to have me fired after her BB was done with his senior year. And it was over his post-season honors voted upon by others not being what she felt he should have received (district, region stuff). She claimed I must have started a conspiracy against her child.......

But that was about 15 years ago......
It's All About Langham........
#leavethejerseyinabetterplace

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:36 pm

dualdellortos wrote:
Yep, my booster club queen then attempted to have me fired after her BB was done with his senior year. And it was over his post-season honors voted upon by others not being what she felt he should have received (district, region stuff). She claimed I must have started a conspiracy against her child.......

But that was about 15 years ago......
They played HS soccer that long ago?

Reg 3 5A Boys

Post by Reg 3 5A Boys » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am

Here is my take on region 3 5A boys pre season top 10. This is based off what I know about the schools in Region 3 and their players.

1. Elsik- Brings back a talented bunch that have the ability to make a ddep run, BUT cant seem to win the big games when they count.
2. Pasadena Dobie- This team has a had a good run the last few years, this seems to be the culminating season of that group of kids, will be strong up front and have a great work ethic. BUT they will stuggle defensively and this may be their downfall.
3. Stake Jesuit- Never count out the crusaders, always a program with talent and the ability to win the region BUT this group does not seem to be quite as solid as years past.
4. Westside- Bring back a number of players from last year, and always seem to find a few new stars. Look for them to be a major contender.
5. Pearland- " My Dark Horse Prediction" very young team that is loaded all over the feild with premeir league club players. Dont under estimate this team as they have the talent to make a run at the region.
6. Langham Creek- Had a strong showing early last year but fell off late in the year, look to build on that success with key players back this year.
7. Katy Seven lakes- This team has the talent, but have been very up an down the last few years, if they can put it all together they can make a deep run.
8. Ft Bend Clements- Young team from last year took one on the chin against South houston in the play offs, look to rebound this year with another strong showing... BUT there district does not help them get better as the year goes on.
9. Deer Park- Had two year showing at the regional tournament with a great group of kids, BUT graduated alot of key players but still has a core that will keep them moving forward and possibly make a run.
10. Cy Ridge- Great year last year, and should continue on that path, but i do not see them being quite as strong as they ended the year last season.

Other notables:

Pasadena- Good solid team that has potential to make some noise.
Mortan Ranch- new coach and lots lost to graduation but never count them out.
North Shore- always a threat to make a run, but not as strong as years past.

Just my thoughts on Region 3.

Regit
STXSoccer National Team

Post by Regit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Reg 3 5A Boys wrote:Here is my take on region 3 5A boys pre season top 10. This is based off what I know about the schools in Region 3 and their players.

Good work. Thank you for taking the time to do that. It is always fun to read those.
VICTORY OR DEATH !!!

socr_blues
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by socr_blues » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Especially in the third week of school.

Regit
STXSoccer National Team

Post by Regit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:31 pm

socr_blues wrote:Especially in the third week of school.
They are still fun to read.
VICTORY OR DEATH !!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

Reg 3 5A Boys wrote:Here is my take on region 3 5A boys pre season top 10. This is based off what I know about the schools in Region 3 and their players.

1. Elsik- Brings back a talented bunch that have the ability to make a ddep run, BUT cant seem to win the big games when they count.
2. Pasadena Dobie- This team has a had a good run the last few years, this seems to be the culminating season of that group of kids, will be strong up front and have a great work ethic. BUT they will stuggle defensively and this may be their downfall.
3. Stake Jesuit- Never count out the crusaders, always a program with talent and the ability to win the region BUT this group does not seem to be quite as solid as years past.
4. Westside- Bring back a number of players from last year, and always seem to find a few new stars. Look for them to be a major contender.
5. Pearland- " My Dark Horse Prediction" very young team that is loaded all over the feild with premeir league club players. Dont under estimate this team as they have the talent to make a run at the region.
6. Langham Creek- Had a strong showing early last year but fell off late in the year, look to build on that success with key players back this year.
7. Katy Seven lakes- This team has the talent, but have been very up an down the last few years, if they can put it all together they can make a deep run.
8. Ft Bend Clements- Young team from last year took one on the chin against South houston in the play offs, look to rebound this year with another strong showing... BUT there district does not help them get better as the year goes on.
9. Deer Park- Had two year showing at the regional tournament with a great group of kids, BUT graduated alot of key players but still has a core that will keep them moving forward and possibly make a run.
10. Cy Ridge- Great year last year, and should continue on that path, but i do not see them being quite as strong as they ended the year last season.

Other notables:

Pasadena- Good solid team that has potential to make some noise.
Mortan Ranch- new coach and lots lost to graduation but never count them out.
North Shore- always a threat to make a run, but not as strong as years past.

This post is now featured on the STXSoccer.Blog!
Thanks for visiting STXSoccer.com

Please review our Terms of Service: www.stxsoccer.com/terms.html

Region 3 5A girls

Post by Region 3 5A girls » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Region 3 5A girls predictions. These are my thoughts on what I know about these teams and what they have coming back this year.

1. 7lakes- Great showing last year, lose a few good players including the amazing GK, but still a loaded side with pelnty of petential. They always seem to start off slow and finsish strong so that is why i have them at #1
2. Clear lake- This team will lose a little steam from the last few years, but they always seem to be there when it counts, tough district always prepares them for the playoffs.
3. Clements- It was a tough choice not to have them at #1 since they bring back most of the squad and seemed to be building alot of success of last season. They may be the one to take the region this year.
4. Cinco Ranch-( My Dark Horse Team) This team got better and better as the seaosn went on last year and they bring back a good number of those players. Watch out for them as they have the potential to finally get the monkey off their back.
5. Clear Springs- This team always seem to stick around and make a run in the post season, dont know if they will be quite as strong as in the past but definately will be in the thick of things.
6. Deer Park- Talented group that has a new leader this year, which should help them in the long run, BUT a weak district will not prepare them for the post season and that may be an issue.
7. Cy Fair- Good group with lost of potential and the ability to make a deep run, BUT have to go through the Katy district early in the play offs and that is always a problem.
8. Katy Taylor- Yes another Katy ISD team in the top 10, what a tough district. This team is right up there with Cinco and 7Lakes any given night they can beat the others and make a run for the region.
9. Brazoswood- Young team last year that looked really good at times, if they can keep that up tempo style they can make a run for the district title and a nice run.
10. Memorial- This team showed alot of heart and grit last year in that brutal district and I can see them challenging for the crown and a spot in the regional tourny.

Other Notables

Ft. Bend Austin- Will not be quite as strong as the past few years, but always has great players that will be competetive, the district does not totally get them prepared for post season.
HISD Lamar- Solid team with some talent has ability to compete with anyone in the top ten, but seems top bow out early when it counts.
Pearland- Good talent but very up and down last year, never seem to be together as a team. very weak district will not help them in the post season but i could see 2 rounds and maybe get to a 3rd.

Just my thoughts on region 3 5A Girls.