2019 6A Region 3 District 19 Girls Soccer

Discussions of Texas High School Soccer - Please no club versus high school discussions!

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Funny

Re: 2019 6A Region 3 District 19 Girls Soccer

Post by Funny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm

What I am saying is that cinco have been spoilt with much of the top talent coming from Albion but this year it looks like Tompkins have it. Cinco can’t just kick and run this year but they are still trying at least we play At Tompkins, lets see where cinco finish next couple of seasons.

stayclassy

Post by stayclassy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Funny wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm
What I am saying is that cinco have been spoilt with much of the top talent coming from Albion but this year it looks like Tompkins have it. Cinco can’t just kick and run this year but they are still trying at least we play At Tompkins, lets see where cinco finish next couple of seasons.
Stay Classy Tompkins parent. Where you finish in the standings does not directly correlate to how great your team is or how good your coach is.

For most of these girls, they wont be going on to play at college. Enjoy it while you can no matter what the score is/where they place in district. Hope above all else, they leave with great memories and had fun.

Jimminy Cricket

Post by Jimminy Cricket » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:16 am

Cinco and Tompkins are rivals and that’s just how it is. But Cinco parent, don’t start bashing Shipman when you have Freddy. Shipman has a relationship with his team which includes the other 2 assistant coaches that are very well liked by the girls. You and I know Freddy does not. Girls quit because of him. He’s literally yelling at all the players the entire game. What a coach. As far as the other stuff that you are saying Tompkins girls have done, you’re a fool if you think the other teams don’t do the same. The difference is Tompkins has a target on their back and girls being girls will snitch on them over dumb rivalry comments that are made...THAT ALL TEAMS MAKE...but Tompkins takes the high road...suck it up butter cup. Plenty of things we’ve heard about Cinco, SL, Katy etc but give me a break its rivalry talk! Which leads me to the following: WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING SAYING CINCO COULD HAVe TIED OR WON? Go back and view your film Mr Cougar. Laughable since Tompkins should have won 4-0 with all the failed opportunities, your goalie saved you guys, but you literally had zero opportunity to score so I’m confused about your assessment. Anyway, see this too, is rivalry talk. There’s a new soccer team in town, you can handle that, right? Lastly Tompkins plays with a HUGE HEART, DETERMINATION, TEAMWORK, and TALENT. They are earning their spot one game at a time.

A-plus
STXSoccer Reserve Squad

Post by A-plus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:39 am

Jimminy Cricket wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:16 am
Cinco and Tompkins are rivals and that’s just how it is. But Cinco parent, don’t start bashing Shipman when you have Freddy. Shipman has a relationship with his team which includes the other 2 assistant coaches that are very well liked by the girls. You and I know Freddy does not. Girls quit because of him. He’s literally yelling at all the players the entire game. What a coach. As far as the other stuff that you are saying Tompkins girls have done, you’re a fool if you think the other teams don’t do the same. The difference is Tompkins has a target on their back and girls being girls will snitch on them over dumb rivalry comments that are made...THAT ALL TEAMS MAKE...but Tompkins takes the high road...suck it up butter cup. Plenty of things we’ve heard about Cinco, SL, Katy etc but give me a break its rivalry talk! Which leads me to the following: WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING SAYING CINCO COULD HAVe TIED OR WON? Go back and view your film Mr Cougar. Laughable since Tompkins should have won 4-0 with all the failed opportunities, your goalie saved you guys, but you literally had zero opportunity to score so I’m confused about your assessment. Anyway, see this too, is rivalry talk. There’s a new soccer team in town, you can handle that, right? Lastly Tompkins plays with a HUGE HEART, DETERMINATION, TEAMWORK, and TALENT. They are earning their spot one game at a time.
I'm not going to argue with too much about this post because it was posted waaay too late at night, but I just want to point out that you do not seem to know what "literally" means. Coach Sang does indeed yell, but not "literally" the entire game. Also, Cinco did indeed have several chances to score in the first half on mishandled balls by the goalkeeper. I think they even had a ball clang off the crossbar. So they did not have "literally" zero opportunities. Why not just say that he coach yells a lot and Tompkins had more scoring opportunities. You don't have to exaggerate by throwing in "literally" where it does not belong. I think the word you were looking for was "virtually," since that means "almost" or "nearly." Have a great day and we'll see you next time. ;)

illbite

Post by illbite » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 am

A-plus wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:39 am
Jimminy Cricket wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:16 am
I'm not going to argue with too much about this post because it was posted waaay too late at night, but I just want to point out that you do not seem to know what "literally" means. Coach Sang does indeed yell, but not "literally" the entire game. Also, Cinco did indeed have several chances to score in the first half on mishandled balls by the goalkeeper. I think they even had a ball clang off the crossbar. So they did not have "literally" zero opportunities. Why not just say that he coach yells a lot and Tompkins had more scoring opportunities. You don't have to exaggerate by throwing in "literally" where it does not belong. I think the word you were looking for was "virtually," since that means "almost" or "nearly." Have a great day and we'll see you next time. ;)
Im pretty sure it wasnt a cinco parent. Way to escalate and bash cinco and FS. That is most certainly not taking the high road. Might be part of the problem?

high road = being humble. Coaches should stay off the forums and stop posting at 2 am. It really does lead to bad things. Think twice before you post.

Earning? You simply have the most STACKED team in the region. You will go far but you will struggle and might just fall short. This is not a cinderella story.

Also, I suggest you go back to the tape and instead of focusing on who is scoring (which agreeably you had MANY opportunities that you did not convert... thanks to a great keeper, strong defense, strong coaching and yes luck on our side) and watch your defense SAVE/prevent lots of chances. Your centerback is incredible and deservedly first team all state. the Tompkins keeper never left her 18 and sometimes never her 6, pretty much disconnected most of the game, never recovered the lose balls in her 6, give away a corner on a bad bounce/ball she should have guided out which almost resulted in a goal but your defense came in with the clear. I could go on. You have an amazing team. You will go far. Be very scared of PK's, free kicks within the 40 and corners.... and of course.... plain old luck not being on your side.

Jimminy Cricket

Post by Jimminy Cricket » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Gotta love “Sad Soccer Dads”. This was LITERALLY my first post reply because it was LITERALLY my first time in this crazy rediculous sad dads forum. I heard about it, but had to LITERALLY see it with my own eyes. And I heard about it from my kid who somehow found out there’s a group of sad dads LITTERALY posting about girls high school soccer. And then I fell for it, not literally. Take care y’all. I can not partake in bashing other schools, girls, coaches, parents, and most importantly people’s grammar. It’s LITTERALY been weird.
All the best to everyone, try to enjoy the game and your kids without criticizing. I will do the same. ✌🏼

Humble

Post by Humble » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm

The way FS treats the girls is a disgrace. Now he doesn’t have all the talent let’s see where they go, I am just stating my opinion that Tompkins we play soccer. FS has always played boom ball.

Pathetic

Post by Pathetic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:55 pm

I love that people from another school think they know what FS and JS do at all times. I think their wives are the only ones that qualify for that job.

Parents from both sides need to stop. You sound ridiculous commenting on something that you don't know for sure. When your source is Becky's daughter's, sixth cousin's, pet rock, then you are no better than the person you are complaining about most likely inaccurately.

Remember, you are getting most of your information from teenage girls.

Know it All

Post by Know it All » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Humble wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm
The way FS treats the girls is a disgrace. Now he doesn’t have all the talent let’s see where they go, I am just stating my opinion that Tompkins we play soccer. FS has always played boom ball.
Maybe you should write the manual on how to coach soccer and how to know EXACTLY what every other coach in the world does.

A-plus
STXSoccer Reserve Squad

Post by A-plus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Jimminy Cricket wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 pm
Gotta love “Sad Soccer Dads”. This was LITERALLY my first post reply because it was LITERALLY my first time in this crazy rediculous sad dads forum. I heard about it, but had to LITERALLY see it with my own eyes. And I heard about it from my kid who somehow found out there’s a group of sad dads LITTERALY posting about girls high school soccer. And then I fell for it, not literally. Take care y’all. I can not partake in bashing other schools, girls, coaches, parents, and most importantly people’s grammar. It’s LITTERALY been weird.
All the best to everyone, try to enjoy the game and your kids without criticizing. I will do the same. ✌🏼
I literally apologize for trying to set the record straight when someone was claiming inaccurate facts. :roll:

If this was literally the first time you have seen this forum, believe me this topic is definitely on the mild side. You wanna see bonkers, go check out the "We Are Lonestar" discussion. It's off the rails insane. Literally.