07 Girls

Discussion of news of interest to Eastern District soccer.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Post Reply
ThreeFourThree
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:06 pm

07 Girls

Post by ThreeFourThree » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm

I guess it's time to make an '07 thread.
I hear it's a bit weaker age group than normal, but that the '08 age group coming up behind it is fantastic.

Tommyboy

Re: 07 Girls

Post by Tommyboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 pm

ThreeFourThree wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm
I guess it's time to make an '07 thread.
I hear it's a bit weaker age group than normal, but that the '08 age group coming up behind it is fantastic.
Sounds like you have an 08. Please stop. Space city/Dash south have some of the city's best 07's (most if not all are play ups)and one of the top 07 in city city just moved. I personally think this is a fantastic age group, you guessed it I have an 07.

Too early

Re: 07 Girls

Post by Too early » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:36 pm

ThreeFourThree wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm
I guess it's time to make an '07 thread.
I hear it's a bit weaker age group than normal, but that the '08 age group coming up behind it is fantastic.
Oh no. Here we go. I have an older DD and now an 07. Glad I have learn a lot over the years. It's as simple as
IT ALL CHANGES over time! Keep it light, keep it nice. Because superstar Suzie won't be the superstar over time and neither will a "superstar" team. And Houston always gets beat by Dallas in the end.

Too early

Re: 07 Girls

Post by Too early » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm

ThreeFourThree wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm
I guess it's time to make an '07 thread.
I hear it's a bit weaker age group than normal, but that the '08 age group coming up behind it is fantastic.
Oh no. Here we go. I have an older DD and now an 07. Glad I have learned a lot over the years. It's as simple as
IT ALL CHANGES over time! Keep it light, keep it nice. Because superstar Suzie won't be the superstar over time and neither will a "superstar" team. And Houston always gets beat by Dallas in the end.

indeed early

Re: 07 Girls

Post by indeed early » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm

It is early, but I would have told you Albion had the top '07 team coming into the season (we've beaten Challenge, and I know we're better than Rush/Dash Woodlands and Challenge East), but the Dash South team is indeed very, very good. They got the better of us Sunday and had a CB, CM, and a ST who are on another level. A spine like that makes a team very hard to break down. If they have more '07s who are better and are playing up, I'd be very surprised.
I'd rank the A bracket as:
1 Dash South
gap
2 Albion (despite the loss)
3 Challenge
4 Dash North
gap
5 Challenge East

Outside of the A bracket, I know Albion Elite is good (probably about equal to Challenge East). They appear to have had a good game with Houstonians. I will say those two are the favorites in the B bracket.

The Dash South 08s had a eye-popping 9-0 score against what I assume would be a pretty good '07 team (Dash Woodlands/Rush's 3rd team) in the C bracket. They gotta be the clear favorite in the C bracket.


I think the '07s are a very good group with some very talented young ladies. Also seems to be a generally good group of parents. Not a lot of crazies or sideline shenanigans compared to my older girl's age group.

Box of chocolates

Re: 07 Girls

Post by Box of chocolates » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:03 pm

With Challenge, where they rank really depends week to week and whether or not you get the Plus team. I expect the two Dash teams will get the Plus ringer help, while Challenge East and Albion get the Red help.

ThreeFourThree
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: 07 Girls

Post by ThreeFourThree » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Too early wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm
ThreeFourThree wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm
I guess it's time to make an '07 thread.
I hear it's a bit weaker age group than normal, but that the '08 age group coming up behind it is fantastic.
Oh no. Here we go. I have an older DD and now an 07. Glad I have learned a lot over the years. It's as simple as
IT ALL CHANGES over time! Keep it light, keep it nice. Because superstar Suzie won't be the superstar over time and neither will a "superstar" team. And Houston always gets beat by Dallas in the end.
Very good advice. And very true.
Still...It's fun to talk about. As long as people keep it civil and reasonable.

WaitTillYouSeeHer

Re: 07 Girls

Post by WaitTillYouSeeHer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:43 am

The Dash 07 and Dash 08 south teams are two of the best teams in the city. I cant speak of every age group but I know for the 08's Dash did what should have been done around Houston a long time ago. They conjugated some of the best talent from Albion, Express, Eclipse, Space City, and Rush and made one hell of a team. If they played against other 08's it would be a drubbing.

I also here that talent changes as kids get older. It may for those who stop working. Fortunately that 07 and 08 Dash South team is full with girls who work day in and day out.

Do share

Re: 07 Girls

Post by Do share » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 pm

WaitTillYouSeeHer wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:43 am
The Dash 07 and Dash 08 south teams are two of the best teams in the city. I cant speak of every age group but I know for the 08's Dash did what should have been done around Houston a long time ago. They conjugated some of the best talent from Albion, Express, Eclipse, Space City, and Rush and made one hell of a team. If they played against other 08's it would be a drubbing.

I also here that talent changes as kids get older. It may for those who stop working. Fortunately that 07 and 08 Dash South team is full with girls who work day in and day out.
Is this the team that appears to have all of 3 or 4 games under their belt (per YSR)? Please post some videos of their play so we can all learn from them.

link

Re: 07 Girls

Post by link » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Do share wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 pm
WaitTillYouSeeHer wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:43 am
The Dash 07 and Dash 08 south teams are two of the best teams in the city. I cant speak of every age group but I know for the 08's Dash did what should have been done around Houston a long time ago. They conjugated some of the best talent from Albion, Express, Eclipse, Space City, and Rush and made one hell of a team. If they played against other 08's it would be a drubbing.

I also here that talent changes as kids get older. It may for those who stop working. Fortunately that 07 and 08 Dash South team is full with girls who work day in and day out.
Is this the team that appears to have all of 3 or 4 games under their belt (per YSR)? Please post some videos of their play so we can all learn from them.
Yes. It would be selfish to hoard all that awesomeness to yourself. Please provide a link to their game videos. Video of them training would be fine, too. I'm sure we've all never seen anything like it and will be equally amazed.
If you can soundtrack their game videos to, "I like to move it move it" like the old KA video, that would be even better.

Post Reply