Rise SC

Discussion of news of interest to Eastern District soccer.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Voice of Reason

Re: Rise SC

Post by Voice of Reason » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 am

Negativity wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:41 am
Wow! I have been watching this stx soccer chat for some time. Yes, sometimes, it is popcorn worthy. I don’t know if it’s coaches or parents, or whomever! But this is getting out of hand.
So much resentment, so much Ill will. It makes me sad. I have an 05 and and 09.

We have been in the Houston SW soccer world since 2009. (Lawd I’m old)
This negativity is not going to influence a girl to go to one club or another.
So I will say this…
Dash..what an amazing season they have had. We have friends on multiple teams, and they have done well!
Albion, amazing! Wow, so many friends there too!
Rise, awesome! Girls we played with since 2012! Look at y’all!

A parent, and a childs main objective, is 1. Do you love soccer? Next question is, 2 are you willing to do the work? 3. Do you want to play in college?
Next, big question is…parents…are we going to dedicate the time and money for it all.

All I see is a back and forth between ECNL and GA. My daughter had a choice, and we chose GA. My other daughter was ecnl rl., and her team went to Regionals. She chose to hang up cleats as she does not want to play in college. She will just play for HS. I appreciated her making that decision.

It was what we chose. We saw both angles, and we decided GA. I believe in development of a player. She will shine in whatever league she is in. There is still time to grow, literally, like grow, physically and mentally.
Girls cannot even be approached until mid June after their sophomore year.

So all this bashing of clubs…. Just makes me crazy!
Dash, you do you, you have some AMAZING GIRLS!
Albion, you do you, you have some AMAZING GIRLS!
Challenge, you do you, you have some AMAZING Girls!
Rise, you do you, you have some AMAZING Girls!
Misguided opinion. You are wrong Wrong WRONG!

Too funny

Re: Rise SC

Post by Too funny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 pm

Love how my opinions are wrong, Wrong WRONG!
This is exactly what I was addressing! I just can’t! I mean, come on!

Hardworker

Re: Rise SC

Post by Hardworker » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:03 pm

Too funny wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 pm
Love how my opinions are wrong, Wrong WRONG!
This is exactly what I was addressing! I just can’t! I mean, come on!
Pretty sure I know who wrote this. A lot of good thoughts and perspective from someone who has gone through the process. Your daughter is a great player, person, and hard worker. She has our respect- we wish her the best.

And yes this forum really is popcorn worthy

SoccerParent H-TOWN

Re: Rise SC

Post by SoccerParent H-TOWN » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:23 pm

Nobody knows who Rise is? Are they nonprofit or for-profit organizations?
My daughter's team was one of the best in town, and the entire group left for Dash and AHFC because of the organization's consistently misleading and dishonest message. They even tried to bully the parents, LOL!
Is VH the boss and owner of Rise?

Thank you

Re: Rise SC

Post by Thank you » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:38 pm

Hardworker wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:03 pm
Too funny wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 pm
Love how my opinions are wrong, Wrong WRONG!
This is exactly what I was addressing! I just can’t! I mean, come on!
Pretty sure I know who wrote this. A lot of good thoughts and perspective from someone who has gone through the process. Your daughter is a great player, person, and hard worker. She has our respect- we wish her the best.

And yes this forum really is popcorn worthy

Thank you

Re: Rise SC

Post by Thank you » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:46 pm

Thank you wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:38 pm
Hardworker wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:03 pm
Too funny wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 pm
Love how my opinions are wrong, Wrong WRONG!
This is exactly what I was addressing! I just can’t! I mean, come on!
Pretty sure I know who wrote this. A lot of good thoughts and perspective from someone who has gone through the process. Your daughter is a great player, person, and hard worker. She has our respect- we wish her the best.

And yes this forum really is popcorn worthy
I have some ideas who might have been so kind on this reply:) if it was a friend, you have my cell:) and can admit it! Lol
Been around since 09. If my child has played with yours, I wish them all the success. If you have been a parent with me, then, You know, I mean that from the heart. Houston girls soccer, has soooooo many amazing girls! Unfortunately, some of these forums, and parents get in the way. So I will say it again….dash, albion, challenge, rise, you have teams that are AMAZING, I will cheer all my girls on that we have ever played with! I love watching a game with one of my girls! (My girls, are all our current and past teammates)

Horatio

Re: Rise SC

Post by Horatio » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:23 pm

Rise and shine BITCHES! Renegades 06 and 07 are here. Your ass is grass and we're the lawn mower! LFG LADIES!!!!!!

Battle

Re: Rise SC

Post by Battle » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:06 am

Horatio wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:23 pm
Rise and shine BITCHES! Renegades 06 and 07 are here. Your ass is grass and we're the lawn mower! LFG LADIES!!!!!!
Way to liven things up on here. Sounds like a battle for the ages! Why do people travel and pay so much money for that?

WashingtonPost

Re: Rise SC

Post by WashingtonPost » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Interesting story that basically tells us what we already know to be true-

"But men control ECNL soccer at nearly every level, from executives to club owners to boards and oversight organizations, according to interviews and a review by The Post of coaching rosters and public filings from across the 129 girls’ clubs in the league. Nearly 90 percent of coaching directors at ECNL clubs are men, The Post found. At many of the country’s most successful clubs, there is not a single woman in coaching leadership"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... e-coaches/

Scissor Kick

Re: Rise SC

Post by Scissor Kick » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:27 am

Just plain got the snot beat out of us. Came all this way to watch other teams take target practice the whole time. 12 goals sheesh

Post Reply