We may have been Albion.

Discussion of news of interest to Eastern District soccer.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Who determines

Re: We may have been Albion.

Post by Who determines » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:29 am

InfoPrepSoccer wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:10 am
Curious wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:03 pm
I don't want to subscribe, but am curious as to which Houston girls made the 2025 list? For whoever has access, could you post the names, clubs and their rank within the list? Thanks in advance.
There are 4 Dash players and believe two play for 06 and two for 07 with the top-rated one out with an ACL injury. There are 4 players from Albion who all play on the 07 team and 1 girl from Challenge who plays on the 07 team. When you consider the 2025's cross two age groups 06/07 it is not a bad showing for Houston teams and more players than show up on the TDS lists.

18 Solar, 14 FCD,
First, congrats to the players that made it, but who and how do they determine these lists? I can’t imagine someone is watching film from every game to pick out these players.

Who determines

Post by Who determines » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:29 am

InfoPrepSoccer wrote:
Curious wrote:
I don't want to subscribe, but am curious as to which Houston girls made the 2025 list? For whoever has access, could you post the names, clubs and their rank within the list? Thanks in advance.
There are 4 Dash players and believe two play for 06 and two for 07 with the top-rated one out with an ACL injury. There are 4 players from Albion who all play on the 07 team and 1 girl from Challenge who plays on the 07 team. When you consider the 2025's cross two age groups 06/07 it is not a bad showing for Houston teams and more players than show up on the TDS lists.

18 Solar, 14 FCD,
First, congrats to the players that made it, but who and how do they determine these lists? I can’t imagine someone is watching film from every game to pick out these players.

scouting process

Post by scouting process » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:38 am

Who determines wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:29 am
InfoPrepSoccer wrote:
Curious wrote:

18 Solar, 14 FCD,
Scouting probably goes something like this...

1- Add all the players from the USYNT teams to start the list

2- Wait for parents to call up saying they want to know how to make the list

Company rep: "Would you like to have your daughter scouted?"
Parent: "We would love to, how do we do that"?
Company rep: "Just tell us when she plays, and oh by the way, you should pay the $99 subscription in case she makes the list..."
Parent: "OK, sounds good. And she plays next weekend, 6 states away from where your supposed office is located"
Company rep: "Don't worry, we travel all the time- we'll have somebody there"
Company rep (to internal IT person): "Just add this person to the list... yeah, we scouted them- from my computer"
Parent: "OMG I'm so excited, my daughter is number 326 on the list!"

Club coach: "Wow, so and so made the list- they must be better than I thought. Let's broadcast it on social media and pretend it's meaningful that we have 4 players and the other local clubs have only 1-2"

Spot on

Post by Spot on » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:31 pm

scouting process wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:38 am
Who determines wrote:
InfoPrepSoccer wrote:

18 Solar, 14 FCD,

Company rep: "Just tell us when she plays, and oh by the way, you should pay the $99 subscription in case she makes the list..."
Parent: "OK, sounds good. And she plays next weekend, 6 states away from where your supposed office is located"
Company rep (to internal IT person): "Just add this person to the list... yeah, we scouted them- from my computer"

Club coach: "Wow, so and so made the list- they must be better than I thought. Let's broadcast it on social media and pretend it's meaningful that we have 4 players and the other local clubs have only 1-2"
Wow technically you are almost spot on. If they can see in you person, your club coach can tell them how good you are. Oh geez

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-so ... r_aid46009

Free

Post by Free » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:53 pm

Spot on wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:31 pm
scouting process wrote:
Who determines wrote:

Wow technically you are almost spot on. If they can see in you person, your club coach can tell them how good you are. Oh geez

There is zero pay-to-play for the Top Drawer list. Just need to make a free profile, which takes 2 minutes.

There is zero pay-to-play for the twitter lists. Just need to have a twitter account, which also takes 2 minutes. If then also probably helps to "follow" so they know your account. That takea 10 seconds.

All done.

WellSaid

Post by WellSaid » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm

Free wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:53 pm
Spot on wrote:
scouting process wrote:

There is zero pay-to-play for the Top Drawer list. Just need to make a free profile, which takes 2 minutes.

There is zero pay-to-play for the twitter lists. Just need to have a twitter account, which also takes 2 minutes. If then also probably helps to "follow" so they know your account. That takea 10 seconds.

All done.
Well said and I get a kick out of everyone who's kid doesn't make it just say PayForPlay when in fact these lists contain 40-60 players from Texas and there are thousands of parents who would pay $100 if it was that easy. Come see the 4 Albion 07 players if you don't think they are good and only on there because their parents paid.

Eye roll

Post by Eye roll » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:09 pm

WellSaid wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm
Free wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:53 pm
Spot on wrote:

All done.
Well said and I get a kick out of everyone who's kid doesn't make it just say PayForPlay when in fact these lists contain 40-60 players from Texas and there are thousands of parents who would pay $100 if it was that easy. Come see the 4 Albion 07 players if you don't think they are good and only on there because their parents paid.
If top drawer is anything like the ECNL/ECRL picks. It’s all a joke and no better than high school awards. If someone could explain how these things are picked please do so. There are players that couldn’t get anywhere close to a shot on goal and our defense shut them down all day and they get chosen for this stuff. It’s a joke. And no not a jealous parent but a parent with soccer knowledge.
If U20 losing to Netherlands and Japan didn’t just show that US soccer is falling behind I don’t know what does. It was a perfect picture of “club” soccer girls that play for themselves and not as a team and have been told how amazing they are and probably never been yelled at and been given lots of ECNL awards.
Did see a little better soccer from the college level tonight so that was promising.
Oh one more thing I’m tired of: if I see one more Twitter post that says - I’m grinding - someone shut that stuff down. These girls don’t know what grit and grind really mean. Ugh thank you for letting me get that out and can’t wait for another meaningful year of ECNL TAKE MY MONEY SOCCER. LETS GRIND . . .

How Official

Post by How Official » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 pm

GoalDifferential wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:49 pm
Its Official wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:44 pm
It's official, Dash is a better soccer club than Challenge and Albion.
Goal differential champion of H-Town for sure. Easy wins against easy teams make the coaches look good and keeps the parents happy.
What is so official about Dash being better than A and C? Just because they beat a couple of Dallas ECNL teams?

C&A win 2 or 3 games against Dallas teams every year, what's the big deal?

Dash

Post by Dash » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:31 am

How Official wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 pm
GoalDifferential wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:49 pm
Its Official wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:44 pm
It's official, Dash is a better soccer club than Challenge and Albion.
Goal differential champion of H-Town for sure. Easy wins against easy teams make the coaches look good and keeps the parents happy.
What is so official about Dash being better than A and C? Just because they beat a couple of Dallas ECNL teams?

C&A win 2 or 3 games against Dallas teams every year, what's the big deal?
They got destroyed by the ECNL Dallas teams that two years they have played them in pre-season outside of their strong 09 team and know that in the pre-season the Dallas clubs are treating it like the Super Bowl that Dash is as they realize it will be 5 months until their first FL or CA event that they face competition even close.

Hold their own

Post by Hold their own » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:51 am

I think you might be surprised and the 07s will hold their own. They may not win but I would be shocked if it was a blow out. The solar 07s have changed a bit. And yes Dash 07s lost two starters in the off season but those girls who are left are also dedicated and put in the work. Sounds like they are finally focusing on them now, not just the 09s. So we’ll see. I’ll be interested to see the score line when all is said and done.