We Are Dynamo/Dash

Discussion of news of interest to Eastern District soccer.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

komatinsky

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by komatinsky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 am

Seriously wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:51 pm
Common wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:40 pm
No way wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:07 am


There is no way a coach in Houston would put a true top player in the city on the second team.
Happens all the time. Albion turned down at least three 08s that I know of who would have significantly improved the team because they didn't want to upset loyal parents at the bottom of the roster who would have needed shuffled to the 2nd team.
I have been in the Houston soccer world for a very long time and it is not common for that to happen. I am not saying it hasn’t happened but it is rare. Now as far as Komatinsky, he has made quite a name for himself around town and unfortunately his daughter is going to pay the price. Not an ECNL club is desperate enough to add his daughter due to his arrogance and the drama that follows him, sad fact.
So what is the reputation I have made for myself? Arrogance about what? That I have the courage to evaluate options and highlight the experiences publicly. To be complimentary of a clubs decision to offer an opportunity while also looking out for their own players. Have nothing but positive things to say about the opportunity extended by Albion and, unlike some on this board, I greatly respect their decision to only take two players. That was the line from the start and the did what they said and said what they do. Very good leadership traits. They picked two great players, and even with open tryouts it would have been the same decision. Just didn't get enough time with the team and coaches to make a direct comparison if it was the right fit for her and she made the choice. And it's early in her development, so its not so critical. Both my daughter and myself were not upset at all with the prospect of having to moved to the second team and work up if she can prove herself. In fact, I actually prefer this as it avoids the scrutiny of the back door deals that have led to bad feelings of existing club members when new players didn't prove themselves. It also mirrors experiences in life as we have to prove ourselves in academics, in our jobs and in virtually everything we do. When we change companies we may take a role that is a step down or at best a lateral change at times. Their decision also reflects a commitment to develop the players in their current club pool, which should be highly respected. This is what I would note as a positive 'Character' trait of the club and character traits matter to me. I am trying to raise a daughter not a professional soccer player and the character traits she can learn from a club are more important to me in the long term than how she can play soccer. Go back through all the threads of my comments and I don't say anywhere that my daughter is the best. She has her flaws and we talk about em. I can pick 4 or 5 players that I would choose over her. I think she can hold her own and is capable of playing against any of the other clubs. This isn't arrogance, this is confidence in taking on challenging scenarios. If you disagree why don't you give me a call to tell me our perspective. 281 509 1914

I disagree

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by I disagree » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am

I also think the “proving ground” approach of ECRL sounds really nice, but I don’t believe it. Albion would rather bring someone into their top team that has an impeccable resume...and drop them if they don’t perform. It’s a double win for them; new $ + potential upside if they come through.
Just like in business, you hire the top sales guy from your competitor to come in and give you immediate results and take advantage of their network and contacts. You will always have your “home grown” reps to fall back on.

komatinsky

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by komatinsky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:35 am

nonsense wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:09 am
moves wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:35 am
Players aren't the only ones moving. After so many DDY players ran for the exits last year, it appears a Dash City coach is leaving and bringing another one other along. The talk around the water cooler is that there have been a few conversations with key parents who support these 2 coaches about a change. It's concerning when program leads and senior staff that were legacy Rush are fed up with the operation and it ends up causing team division and instability.
What is with your constant obsession with trying to recruit Dash players over to ECNL? If Albion and Challenge development is so great, why the need? If it is not so great, why would individual players leave good development at Dash? Yes, I agree that the competition is better. However, that is 90 minutes/week as opposed to a whole week of high level training with good teammates. When you look at it from that perspective, it makes no sense.
My family came from your environment, and quite frankly it is stale and lacks intensity - especially now during high school season when it's a waste of time attending a session. Parents are so gullible thinking that the grass is greener over at Albion and Challenge.

If the only reason to move over is to play ECNL, what will happen when Dynamo/Dash gain acceptance? It's only a matter of time. Your leadership's stupid politics only reach so far.
I agree that the development has been great and the GA teams have displayed performance results against Dallas clubs that Challenge and Albion have been attaining or in some cases better. Even the 08's that lost their top 8 players and half their second team managed to get similar results playing against Solar that the other two clubs attained. Most will agree that development is more important Monday thru Friday. I do think that ECNL is the path for Texas and this isn't anything at is going to change anytime soon. So I encourage the Dash GA team to continue to push this path and also ramp up participation in showcase events with the Dallas clubs and also top tier Dallas tournaments. The focus should remain the same to chase these teams and not necessarily the local ones. Dash has been great for our daughter and I greatly appreciate the development from the number of coaches that have pushed her. She is capable because of their efforts.

komatinsky

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by komatinsky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:01 am

I disagree wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am
I also think the “proving ground” approach of ECRL sounds really nice, but I don’t believe it. Albion would rather bring someone into their top team that has an impeccable resume...and drop them if they don’t perform. It’s a double win for them; new $ + potential upside if they come through.
Just like in business, you hire the top sales guy from your competitor to come in and give you immediate results and take advantage of their network and contacts. You will always have your “home grown” reps to fall back on.
I hear what you are saying and seems to have done more of the backdoor promises compared to the other if you read the message boards. I think it is easier for families to live with a player coming up from the second team after having proved them selves and also 'paid their dues' to some extent. Other families have been paying their dues for several years by this point and I get that you see perhaps your rightful opportunity and you expect the club to have some commitment based on that as well. I think it is a balance. The business reference is a bit simplistic as the goal is simply profit focused. I think the clubs ultimate goal is to have a balance here because you also need to have enough participation in each age group to produce a capable group of players to develop a decent elite team in each age group while maintaining a few teams at lower USC levels. If the elite teams become nothing more than a place for the best players to jump right in, it makes it more difficult for parents to make the investment in their daughter in the earlier years. Considering the costs of club soccer, you can fund one to two years of college tuition for these kids if you skipped it and saved the money.

Count

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by Count » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 am

My recommendation is to ask some ECRL parents how many girls have been moved up to ECNL in the last 2 years. It’s not a bad platform, however, it’s not a platform to be promoted up to the 1st team.

Leagues

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by Leagues » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 pm

They are now clearly the two best leagues. I haven't heard the plan for new clubs coming into the league yet, I agree with the poster above about more showcases with Dallas teams. We are happy here and plan to stay, I just wish that we could play in the Albion event and the Challenge event as we miss out on two great local opportunities through our club not allowing teams to enter.

Remember

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by Remember » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:46 pm

komatinsky wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 am
Seriously wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:51 pm
Common wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:40 pm


Happens all the time. Albion turned down at least three 08s that I know of who would have significantly improved the team because they didn't want to upset loyal parents at the bottom of the roster who would have needed shuffled to the 2nd team.
I have been in the Houston soccer world for a very long time and it is not common for that to happen. I am not saying it hasn’t happened but it is rare. Now as far as Komatinsky, he has made quite a name for himself around town and unfortunately his daughter is going to pay the price. Not an ECNL club is desperate enough to add his daughter due to his arrogance and the drama that follows him, sad fact.
So what is the reputation I have made for myself? Arrogance about what? That I have the courage to evaluate options and highlight the experiences publicly. To be complimentary of a clubs decision to offer an opportunity while also looking out for their own players. Have nothing but positive things to say about the opportunity extended by Albion and, unlike some on this board, I greatly respect their decision to only take two players. That was the line from the start and the did what they said and said what they do. Very good leadership traits. They picked two great players, and even with open tryouts it would have been the same decision. Just didn't get enough time with the team and coaches to make a direct comparison if it was the right fit for her and she made the choice. And it's early in her development, so its not so critical. Both my daughter and myself were not upset at all with the prospect of having to moved to the second team and work up if she can prove herself. In fact, I actually prefer this as it avoids the scrutiny of the back door deals that have led to bad feelings of existing club members when new players didn't prove themselves. It also mirrors experiences in life as we have to prove ourselves in academics, in our jobs and in virtually everything we do. When we change companies we may take a role that is a step down or at best a lateral change at times. Their decision also reflects a commitment to develop the players in their current club pool, which should be highly respected. This is what I would note as a positive 'Character' trait of the club and character traits matter to me. I am trying to raise a daughter not a professional soccer player and the character traits she can learn from a club are more important to me in the long term than how she can play soccer. Go back through all the threads of my comments and I don't say anywhere that my daughter is the best. She has her flaws and we talk about em. I can pick 4 or 5 players that I would choose over her. I think she can hold her own and is capable of playing against any of the other clubs. This isn't arrogance, this is confidence in taking on challenging scenarios. If you disagree why don't you give me a call to tell me our perspective. 281 509 1914

“Hey when your good and they don't have a good development plan people call you to consider their program. I guess the haters are gonna hate.”

I copied/paste your statement from last year. There were other statements but this, I think, is enough to show the arrogance I was speaking on.

Lonestar

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by Lonestar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Lonestar is claiming girls are back in ECNL, so is there a chance for us?

Buck You

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by Buck You » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:32 am

Lonestar wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:34 pm
Lonestar is claiming girls are back in ECNL, so is there a chance for us?
We're Back!

ECNL

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by ECNL » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:42 pm

Big Announcement this week, then? Gotta hurry before the remaining good players are committed to other new clubs, I'd think.

Post Reply