We Are Dynamo/Dash

Discussion of news of interest to Eastern District soccer.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, dualdellortos

Toddlers

Re: We Are Dynamo/Dash

Post by Toddlers » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

People who get wrapped up in which school signs their daughter for a conditional soccer scholarship are in no way more substantive or sanctimonious than the dance or pageant moms at whom they snub their noses. Note to parents: let it go. DA/ECNL/Recruitment/Club pride is personal. Keep it near and dear to you and it will be special, Try to glorify it here and it loses its shine.

Done

Post by Done » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 am

Digger wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:45 pm
Youranswer wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Wait up wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Wait up. Did you miss the point? Let make it more clear. Do you agree or disagree with my belief that Challenge club record would be worse if they played a DA schedule as opposed to their current record against an ECNL schedule?
I honestly do not know, I have not seen the big DA teams play. But what makes me confident is the big D1 schools seem to like what Challenge puts out more than what Dash does, that speaks volumes. And that is the end goal... who puts players in better schools and in more schools. That is the important question.
Every girl playing college if she wants to should be celebrated. This is your 4th ir 5th post about how proud you are of Challenge. You do realize that only 4 girls of your "42" who got say are graduating this year and playing college soccer are going to power 5 conference "big schools." Four. That isn't really very impressive.
Kudos to all 42, and I genuinely wish every one the best and they have my utmost respect, but stop pretending Challenge is some big college producing factory.
How many of Dash players are going to a “power 5 conference” school?
I honestly have always kept my thoughts to myself but I did feel the need to put out there that ECNL and Challenge is not as bad as what has been posted on here. I think I have succeeded in doing so and will now go back to being quiet.

Digger

Post by Digger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 am

Done wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 am
Digger wrote:
Youranswer wrote:

I honestly do not know, I have not seen the big DA teams play. But what makes me confident is the big D1 schools seem to like what Challenge puts out more than what Dash does, that speaks volumes. And that is the end goal... who puts players in better schools and in more schools. That is the important question.
Every girl playing college if she wants to should be celebrated. This is your 4th ir 5th post about how proud you are of Challenge. You do realize that only 4 girls of your "42" who got say are graduating this year and playing college soccer are going to power 5 conference "big schools." Four. That isn't really very impressive.
Kudos to all 42, and I genuinely wish every one the best and they have my utmost respect, but stop pretending Challenge is some big college producing factory.
I honestly have always kept my thoughts to myself but I did feel the need to put out there that ECNL and Challenge is not as bad as what has been posted on here. I think I have succeeded in doing so and will now go back to being quiet.
Maybe I am not paying close attention, but I haven't seen anybody posting things about how bad Challenge is in a long time. People don't seem to care as much anymore. I am curious, though. Which recent posts hurt your feelings?

Accuracy

Post by Accuracy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Done wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 am
Digger wrote:
Youranswer wrote:

I’m a longtime Rush parent with a dd playing D1 soccer now. A couple of honest thoughts.

1. Several of the Challenge seniors played at Rush/Dasg until very recently and many of them committed to colleges before moving to Challenge so they could play HS. Not really an honest comparison of clubs if you ignore that fact when discussing college commits.

2. Both Challenge and Dash are equally poor at player development when compared to clubs outside of Houston. The better players are either great athletes or developed on their own. My dd has played with and against Challenge players her entire life. The talent at the 2 clubs is basically equal which is why you see so many girls moving back and forth between the clubs over the years and still maintain spots in DA/ECNL teams.

3. Challenge absolutely destroys Rush/Dash when it comes to actively helping girls get recruited. Over the years, most of the Rush girls (including my own) were 100% responsible for the recruiting process. In fact, my dd was recruited by 5 different D1 schools and I don’t believe the coaching staff was aware of any of them before she told them she had committed. The truth is DG is a former men’s coach who, until recently, surrounded himself with other men’s coaches or English coaches who do not know or completely grasp the women’s college soccer scene. Challenge staff, on the other hand, has been far more proactive in helping place their players in college. Hopefully, the current Dash staff is starting to change that.

nonsense

Post by nonsense » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 am

Digger wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 am

Maybe I am not paying close attention, but I haven't seen anybody posting things about how bad Challenge is in a long time. People don't seem to care as much anymore. I am curious, though. Which recent posts hurt your feelings?
Seriously? It's not rocket science ... Challenge is becoming irrelevant. They don't pose a threat to anyone in town. The only clubs that continuously receive criticism on these boards is Dash and Lonestar because they are the biggest and play DA which is considered the top competition in Texas.

Several years ago when ECNL was the top competition in Texas, Albion and Challenge received most of the negative attention. Rush thread was relatively quiet in comparison. Whoever's on top is going to be bashed whether justified or not.

Evidence of this is in the historical pages of each thread.

Guest 04

Post by Guest 04 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:43 am

The evidence is in the number of players that are leaving Dash and that the players who left are happy. Better training and less drama.

Keep telling yourself DA is great. The truth is that is what caused the issue. You believe something is great but the evidence tells a different story.

guest04A

Post by guest04A » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 pm

All of you drive big jacked-up pick-ups and have small penises don't you?

Newlow

Post by Newlow » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:08 pm

guest04A wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 pm
All of you drive big jacked-up pick-ups and have small penises don't you?
This forum has hit an all time low...embarrassing.

funnyas

Post by funnyas » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Lame as wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:57 pm
funnyas wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Who wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am

If the U16 is the pilot which FCD team did they play? The DA or FDL?
They play the U16 DA pilot team. The reason people continue to point this out is that u15, u16/17 and u18/19 are the DA age groups that could go to playoffs and u16 is not offered nationwide. If Dash is keeping some players on the u16 pilot program to improve it's ranking at the expense of the u16/17 DA team, that would be pretty lame. Considering the u16/17 DA team is 3-9-1, I would imagine there are a couple u16's on the pilot team that could help the DA team.

Interesting take there. So, by that logic, are Challenge and Albion lame for choosing to play their teams in ECNL, thereby avoiding Real Colorado, FCD DA, and Solar DA so they can replace them with more winnable games against FCD B team, Solar B team, Austin Texans, Ckassics Elite, etc? Or does that standard only apply to Dash?
You have poor ability to apply logic. I did not say anything of the sort. What I said was, if Dash is holding back U16's to play on a DA pilot team and they could help the U16/17 DA team, then that would be lame. Albion and Challenge aren't in DA, so the more logical counter argument would be to place players on ECRL teams to boost the team rankings at the expense of one of their ECNL teams.

I do appreciate your effort in bashing other clubs and leagues, when I was pointing out a possible anomaly in the rankings of the U16 pilot team vs. the DA teams. If Albion or Challenge had an 04 ECNL team with a poor record, let's say 1-9-3, and the second team was destroying every team they played, I would question the placement of their kids also. If DA had single age groups from U14 to U19, then this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. They don't, so it begs the question of why the U16 pilot team is the outlier in win ratio over the DA teams for Dash.

actuallytrue

Post by actuallytrue » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

funnyas wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:10 pm

I do appreciate your effort in bashing other clubs and leagues, when I was pointing out a possible anomaly in the rankings of the U16 pilot team vs. the DA teams. If Albion or Challenge had an 04 ECNL team with a poor record, let's say 1-9-3, and the second team was destroying every team they played, I would question the placement of their kids also. If DA had single age groups from U14 to U19, then this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. They don't, so it begs the question of why the U16 pilot team is the outlier in win ratio over the DA teams for Dash.
Actually, the example you cited is true:

W L D GF GA GD POINTS PPG
Challenge 04 ECNL 1 10 1 7 26 -19 4 0.33

W L D GF GA GD POINTS PPG
Challenge 04 ECRL 7 0 2 17 3 14 23 2.56

Kinda make you wonder about the placements?