We Are Lonestar

Discussion of Items of Interest to Western District

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Red Kool-Aid
STXSoccer Select Team

We Are Lonestar

Post by Red Kool-Aid » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:39 pm

The Lonestar Soccer Club is alive and well in Austin and central Texas. Practices are going great and the results from last weekend's tournament and friendlies (both boys and girls) were fantastic. The new leadership team as made some positive changes that are sure to result in a great fall! Lonestar parents give me your feedback.

Orange Kool Aid

Re: We Are Lonestar

Post by Orange Kool Aid » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Excuse me, there is another club over in the foothills that I'd like to make you aware of. We are the former Lake Travis Soccer Club. We are now Dynamo Juniors. If there is anyone that would like to play the Lions of San Antonio or the Rangers of River City, come one come all...Join the Orange Krush! Orange Kool Aid is tasty too.

Happy Camper

Post by Happy Camper » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 pm

I, too, have been quite impressed with the changes in LS...much better communication in the South, clear goals for the teams, and great training going on!

We are Lonestar!

MR SMITH

Post by MR SMITH » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Happy Camper wrote:I, too, have been quite impressed with the changes in LS...much better communication in the South, clear goals for the teams, and great training going on!

We are Lonestar!

AND WE ARE HOUSTONIANS FC SMALL CLUB IN HOUSTON
REMEMBER 8-13-11

Xena

Post by Xena » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Red,

Nice email but relax. It’s good that Dynamo is here – competition is healthy. Last time I checked they haven’t kicked a single soccer ball in a league game. And besides, we really should give them two or three years before we even begin to judge their product.

The one constant we know about soccer in Central Texas is it’s always changing – who can forget the Red Devils, Posse, Aztex (all were going to start youth clubs) and RL and on and on…. Someone's always trying to sell something new or different but seems to forget it’s hard to build a club. Ask anybody at Crossfire, Georgetown or RiverCity. I’m sure they would tell you it’s quite an undertaking and they certainly deserve praise for a job well done. Bottom line is Dynamo has their work cut out for them and they need our good wishes and patience.

So yes….all is quite well at Lonestar.

In fact, I think it’s the best it’s ever been. The staff can be matched by few. New additions like DH are simply superb. We’re fresh off a national championship (and we didn’t even have to hear all the nonsense that was spouted about the ‘93s). We have teams representing Lonestar at all ages in both the USSF DA and ECNL – that’s a pretty special accomplishment! And what something like 28 teams were just formed at U11?

Sorry couldn’t pass up a chance to highlight a few bright spots.

North Parent

Post by North Parent » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 pm

I agree very much. The dynamics and chemistry and committment to the boys has been incredible this season. There is no drama on or off of the field and the direction has been clear--develop the boys to play hard and smart. We have been fortunate to have great success and our boys and girls have had the chance of becoming better people and better citizens for the community service work and respect that is taught. Even with these choices and there are more this year, we stay loyal and Lonestar has done more now than ever...and have clearly stepped up to the challenge of a new leadership team. I look forward to seeing how these other clubs fare against a newly energized, full scale soccer club that has a re-energized committment to make the players better that show up and wear the black and red.

smith

Post by smith » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 pm

MR SMITH wrote:
Happy Camper wrote:I, too, have been quite impressed with the changes in LS...much better communication in the South, clear goals for the teams, and great training going on!

We are Lonestar!

REMEMBER 8-13-11

Yes mr Smith, you beat a third tier team to make it into SCL. Not exactly ECNL.......

Lloyd Dobbler

Post by Lloyd Dobbler » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Xena wrote:And what something like 28 teams were just formed at U11?

Sorry couldn’t pass up a chance to highlight a few bright spots.
That's not necessarily a bright spot for me as a parent considering LS. Why should I pay $1500 for my kid to be on the 14th team (assuming boys/girls split evenly)? Is that even "Select", or is Select the new Rec?

Like I said in another thread though, I'm not taking sides, and in fact I hope my kid falls in love with LS and LS is a viable option for us since it is so much more convenient for us.

Happy Camper

Post by Happy Camper » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Mr Smith wrote:

REMEMBER 8-13-11
MR SMITH

You didn't play my DD's team...we wiped our feet on your city:)

PacmanJr_00
STXSoccer Forum Legend

Post by PacmanJr_00 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Our experience as newbs has been positive but we have the best u11 coach at LS. :D
Now, SoccerUSA and our gear are another story.
"The greed that has permeated our country’s youth soccer programs is holding up the development of our players by requiring every person who wants to play, to pay OUTRAGEOUS fees that get more and more expensive as the players get older."