• Advertisement

Texans jump on the bandwagon

Discussion of Items of Interest to Western District

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Win » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 pm

After what this family has been through, why would they want to remain with this disastrous club? A "win" would be that they followed through on their convictions and STYSA/WDDOA upheld the rules! Wow! ACCOUNTABILITY.
Win
 

Advertisement

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Whelp » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Am I missing something? Did WS hit the kid or something?

Meh, they cut a problem kid/family. Next time they will do it by the rules and just tell them they aren't welcome at practice/games instead of saying they are cut or have a "hearing".

Seems like a lot of rigmarole for semantics. I am not saying its ok to break the rules btw. They were broken per the info presented in this thread, and a punishment was handed down. I just don't get all the vilification. Its not like it was a trainer trying to cheat or game the system to gain a competitive advantage, which I would find far more troubling.

So unless there is quite a bit more to the story than 1 kid from a problem family being cut, then everyone needs to dial it back a little. If there is more, please share.
Whelp
STXSoccer Professional Team
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 am

I see.

This family was asked to join the Texans by the Texans staff. Their history was no secret. Nothing was concealed.

Apparently a D&P violation was committed by your DoC and he as been suspended, which to my memory has not happened to a local DoC ever before. But you think this family should be banned? You think the clubs should blackball them?

I have an idea. Try not to break any more rules, only recruit sweet Ozzy and Harriet type families, and be all about daisies and ponies and everyone will be happy. You took a player with red flags in the past because you wanted to WIN. When your coaching staff as too incompetent to manage the family and the player, rules were broken. And you want to know a secret: that family did win. And your side lost. Now own up to it. Drop your appeal and accept responsibility. Stop slamming kids.


Couple things - yes, local DOC's have been suspended before. In my view, nobody won - the DOC is suspended, his teams are without a coach they seem to like and have been successful with, and the family is now working on their 4th club in less than 4 years, and my odds are 5-1 that won't work out either.

Now, seeing as we have had several essays on WS - let's also see if these facts are accurate. Note that none of this is intended to refer to the kid, only the parents.
1. The parents had problems at several clubs before, enough to have acquired a "reputation".
2. The parents made a commitment to the team for a year, and were not planning on honoring that.
3. The parents were encouraging other players to not honor their year long commitment to the team.
4. The parents were actively trying to recruit selected players from the team to go to another club.
5. The parents didn't care that some kids might be left without a team, and would have their ability to play and enjoy soccer impacted.
6. One or both of the parents displayed disruptive behavior during games.
7. One or both of the parents made disparaging remarks to other parents regarding players on the team.
8. One or both of the parents made disparaging remarks to other parents regarding the coaches.
9. The parents have displayed similar behavior at 3 clubs in 3 years - and will now be working on their 4th.
10. The best thing that their defenders can say about them is that "the club should have known what they were getting".

Same problems, same behavior, 3 different clubs, coaches, teams in 3 years - the constant is?????

I am not with the team, club or even in your city. I have, however, seen many parents like this. As I am certain that they will read this, my advice for them is to do what you claim you want from WS - remember its about the kids, and you will do your daughter a better service. Improve your behavior, and I believe you will improve your results - because what you are doing now is not working. I sincerely hope for your daughters sake that things work out well for her from here on out.
Guest
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 am

Motion to second...
Aye!
Motion passed.
Next topic...Champions League is starting. (I miss Fox Soccer Channel!)
Guest
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:45 am

BOD wrote:Well, well, well

Just noticed that NK is the new Select Program Director. Ha! Saw that coming. Another one of JR's peeps. JR will be the head of ATX before you know it. Hope this is change for the better???


While I respect JR - the club needs to go outside ATX for an executive director - if there is to be real change for the better - too many mistakes in too short of a time at ATX. Personal loyalties aside - big mistakes have been made throughout the past 6 months which could have been avoided if better decisions had been made. 3 major foul ups in as many months...nobody would keep a private sector job with that performance.
Guest
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby ProChildren » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 am

DuA wrote:
The family went as far as posting on their Facebook Account that they "won."


So if they "won", she is back on they Texans 98? Or was it just revenge?


DuA,

Why would this parent bring their kid back to this club. That quite possibly is the dumbest question asked this year. "Hey, our daughter was abused by the club, DoC, defamed and vilified her. STYSA agreed and suspended him. So let's take her back so she can be abused more by the suspended DoC's wife!" If the family took her back to Texans I think I would have to call CPS.

Revenge, No I think the family that brought the charges against WS wanted rules that were broken enforced because we all know Texans won't. How is that revenge? More power to the family for standing up for their daughter.
ProChildren
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:20 am

Guest wrote:
I see.

This family was asked to join the Texans by the Texans staff. Their history was no secret. Nothing was concealed.

Apparently a D&P violation was committed by your DoC and he as been suspended, which to my memory has not happened to a local DoC ever before. But you think this family should be banned? You think the clubs should blackball them?

I have an idea. Try not to break any more rules, only recruit sweet Ozzy and Harriet type families, and be all about daisies and ponies and everyone will be happy. You took a player with red flags in the past because you wanted to WIN. When your coaching staff as too incompetent to manage the family and the player, rules were broken. And you want to know a secret: that family did win. And your side lost. Now own up to it. Drop your appeal and accept responsibility. Stop slamming kids.


Couple things - yes, local DOC's have been suspended before. In my view, nobody won - the DOC is suspended, his teams are without a coach they seem to like and have been successful with, and the family is now working on their 4th club in less than 4 years, and my odds are 5-1 that won't work out either.

Now, seeing as we have had several essays on WS - let's also see if these facts are accurate. Note that none of this is intended to refer to the kid, only the parents.
1. The parents had problems at several clubs before, enough to have acquired a "reputation".
2. The parents made a commitment to the team for a year, and were not planning on honoring that.
3. The parents were encouraging other players to not honor their year long commitment to the team.
4. The parents were actively trying to recruit selected players from the team to go to another club.
5. The parents didn't care that some kids might be left without a team, and would have their ability to play and enjoy soccer impacted.
6. One or both of the parents displayed disruptive behavior during games.
7. One or both of the parents made disparaging remarks to other parents regarding players on the team.
8. One or both of the parents made disparaging remarks to other parents regarding the coaches.
9. The parents have displayed similar behavior at 3 clubs in 3 years - and will now be working on their 4th.
10. The best thing that their defenders can say about them is that "the club should have known what they were getting".

Same problems, same behavior, 3 different clubs, coaches, teams in 3 years - the constant is?????

I am not with the team, club or even in your city. I have, however, seen many parents like this. As I am certain that they will read this, my advice for them is to do what you claim you want from WS - remember its about the kids, and you will do your daughter a better service. Improve your behavior, and I believe you will improve your results - because what you are doing now is not working. I sincerely hope for your daughters sake that things work out well for her from here on out.



Guest

I will take your post with a grain of salt but it does smack of someone close to the Texans, to WS, A former ATX trainer in a nearby major city maybe?

All that you said possibly might be true. It has been rumored not the first time WS has done this but first time someone has called him out. Before you write another litany of "excuses" possibly justifying WS actions ask yourself one thing. Does the coach/DoC have a higher standard to uphold when dealing with children? If not WS was justified in kicking players off a team.
Guest
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 am

Guest wrote:
I see.

This family was asked to join the Texans by the Texans staff. Their history was no secret. Nothing was concealed.

Apparently a D&P violation was committed by your DoC and he as been suspended, which to my memory has not happened to a local DoC ever before. But you think this family should be banned? You think the clubs should blackball them?

I have an idea. Try not to break any more rules, only recruit sweet Ozzy and Harriet type families, and be all about daisies and ponies and everyone will be happy. You took a player with red flags in the past because you wanted to WIN. When your coaching staff as too incompetent to manage the family and the player, rules were broken. And you want to know a secret: that family did win. And your side lost. Now own up to it. Drop your appeal and accept responsibility. Stop slamming kids.


Couple things - yes, local DOC's have been suspended before. In my view, nobody won - the DOC is suspended, his teams are without a coach they seem to like and have been successful with, and the family is now working on their 4th club in less than 4 years, and my odds are 5-1 that won't work out either.

Now, seeing as we have had several essays on WS - let's also see if these facts are accurate. Note that none of this is intended to refer to the kid, only the parents.
1. The parents had problems at several clubs before, enough to have acquired a "reputation".
2. The parents made a commitment to the team for a year, and were not planning on honoring that.
3. The parents were encouraging other players to not honor their year long commitment to the team.
4. The parents were actively trying to recruit selected players from the team to go to another club.
5. The parents didn't care that some kids might be left without a team, and would have their ability to play and enjoy soccer impacted.
6. One or both of the parents displayed disruptive behavior during games.
7. One or both of the parents made disparaging remarks to other parents regarding players on the team.
8. One or both of the parents made disparaging remarks to other parents regarding the coaches.
9. The parents have displayed similar behavior at 3 clubs in 3 years - and will now be working on their 4th.
10. The best thing that their defenders can say about them is that "the club should have known what they were getting".

Same problems, same behavior, 3 different clubs, coaches, teams in 3 years - the constant is?????

I am not with the team, club or even in your city. I have, however, seen many parents like this. As I am certain that they will read this, my advice for them is to do what you claim you want from WS - remember its about the kids, and you will do your daughter a better service. Improve your behavior, and I believe you will improve your results - because what you are doing now is not working. I sincerely hope for your daughters sake that things work out well for her from here on out.

Name a DOC who has been suspended other than Wesley.

1)9) Tell me about the reputation of this family? They never left the second club, they have another kid at that club and he is doing very well.
2) How do you know that the parents were not going to honor their year long commitment? Many parents on many teams have "looked around". Doesn't mean that this family was. My guess is you have looked up from behind the fry machine and looked at a beautiful woman and thought about how great that would be, doesn't mean you are leaving your wife.
3) 4) The parents were participants in a conversation with several other parents about their options. The parents were not ring-leaders in this, only discussing options, if that included not honoring their contract or encouraging others to leave then there should have been at least 3 others tossed out as well.
5) The Texans currently have three 98G teams. Not one of them has 18 on the roster. No one would be left high and dry.
6) Not true at all. The parents were more quiet than most parents during the game and if you were on the team you would know this.
7) 8) The parents stood away from most of the parents and only chatted with those close to them, the others that should have also received a similar fate as this one, if you believe in the "what's good for one is good for the other" principle.
10) The best thing that you can say about the parents is that they stood up to something that was wrong. They taught their child that if the system does wrong that you can and should stand up for yourself.

I don't believe you honestly know this family. I believe that you are defending Wesley and have your talking points from Wesley and this is a continued smear campaign to help 1) justify Wesley's bad decisions 2) help mitigate any potential penalty.

Their was never any disparaging communication from the family to Wesley or Ashley. If there was send it to admin and let him review and correct me. There never were messages about recruiting players. This was about Wesley getting upset and not being able to handle his own personal life and letting this explode.

When Wesley is capable of being mature enough to admit the whole truth and stop telling parts of the story then maybe everyone will realize that their unabashed support is no different than those that they mock for following David Dinh or GNW.
Guest
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:17 am

ProChildren wrote:
DuA wrote:
The family went as far as posting on their Facebook Account that they "won."


So if they "won", she is back on they Texans 98? Or was it just revenge?


DuA,

Why would this parent bring their kid back to this club. That quite possibly is the dumbest question asked this year. "Hey, our daughter was abused by the club, DoC, defamed and vilified her. STYSA agreed and suspended him. So let's take her back so she can be abused more by the suspended DoC's wife!" If the family took her back to Texans I think I would have to call CPS.

Revenge, No I think the family that brought the charges against WS wanted rules that were broken enforced because we all know Texans won't. How is that revenge? More power to the family for standing up for their daughter.

Or maybe that the family knew that this had happened in the past and knew that they needed to make a stand so that it wouldn't continue to happen in the future.
Guest
 

Re: Texans jump on the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:18 am

BOD wrote:Well, well, well

Just noticed that NK is the new Select Program Director. Ha! Saw that coming. Another one of JR's peeps. JR will be the head of ATX before you know it. Hope this is change for the better???


JR can't control the parents at his games how is he going to manage an entire club?
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to Western District Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 11 guests

  • Advertisement