I Dream of Forza With the Failed Club Air

Discussion of Items of Interest to Western District

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

reputation1

Re: I Dream of Forza With the Failed Club Air

Post by reputation1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:40 am

Forza does not have a working relationship with Austin FC, so a talented player is massively hindered by aligning to Forza. David is disconnected from the rapidly evolving Austin youth soccer market, particularly with an mls pro academy in town. Lonestar has been an easy foil for David over the years to beat up on and get their top players to pop in for some classes. As more parents are exposed to real development platforms for high level / professional soccer, the smoke and mirrors at Forza becomes more apparent. Forza FC is no different than any small community club. It's PAYSL with crazy fees.

Fizzywig

Post by Fizzywig » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Shut your stupid mouth moron!!!!!!!!

PsychoMidget

Post by PsychoMidget » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:31 pm

reputation1 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:40 am
Forza does not have a working relationship with Austin FC, so a talented player is massively hindered by aligning to Forza. David is disconnected from the rapidly evolving Austin youth soccer market, particularly with an mls pro academy in town. Lonestar has been an easy foil for David over the years to beat up on and get their top players to pop in for some classes. As more parents are exposed to real development platforms for high level / professional soccer, the smoke and mirrors at Forza becomes more apparent. Forza FC is no different than any small community club. It's PAYSL with crazy fees.
The difference between PASYL and Forza is PASYL does not have a psychotic midget running around looking like his eyes are fixing to pop out of his head.

They should check the books at Forza, especially after they refused to give back fees after none of their teams made... they lost a 2009 2010 2011 and 2012 team and had to combine all 4 age groups and they still could not make a 2 full teams. some of those kids left over winter.
They may have a 12/11/10/09/08 team this spring. Bad things the 08/09/10’s are the weakest on the 08 team.

Fancy Feet 07

Post by Fancy Feet 07 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:46 am

What is it wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 am
What is it with this guy? I don’t know them personally but from reading stuff here for the last five years or more everybody seems to think he’s really good as a private trainer but every time he tries to even coach a club team much less from the club he just completely bombs and stinks.
David's attention to detail with my privates has made all the difference in the world. He takes his time and focuses on the basics of ball control. We worked on heel passes the whole time during the last one. I can't wait to show off my new moves when Sting starts back up!!

knee passes

Post by knee passes » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:15 am

Fancy Feet 07 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:46 am
What is it wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 am
What is it with this guy? I don’t know them personally but from reading stuff here for the last five years or more everybody seems to think he’s really good as a private trainer but every time he tries to even coach a club team much less from the club he just completely bombs and stinks.
David's attention to detail with my privates has made all the difference in the world. He takes his time and focuses on the basics of ball control. We worked on heel passes the whole time during the last one. I can't wait to show off my new moves when Sting starts back up!!
Heel passes you say? My 2014 spent a whole day learning how to knee the ball. By the end of the day, she almost got 2 in a row....
Monday $110 for a day of heel passes
Tuesday $110 for a knee day
Wednesday- have to take day off to rest after 2 excruciating camp days.
Thursday-$110 to karate chop and get away with it. Because if you don’t get caught it’s legal right?

but the life lessons she learned about when DD player at, I mean one of his students that went to junior college and effectively defended the karate chop was priceless
$

trainingz

Post by trainingz » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:04 pm

don't forget hours of jogging in place and scanning over shoulder in an exaggerated way. Or volleying tennis balls and back forth. Or spending 20 minutes recording selfie videos for Swedish league players who came in once for a lesson. My kid did learn how to line up in an order by height!

Skills

Post by Skills » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:33 am

David has BY FAR the smallest privates in Travis County. Other trainers regularly work with 5 or 6 players at a time but not David. 2 players max.

ThisISTrue

Post by ThisISTrue » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:45 am

Skills wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:33 am
David has BY FAR the smallest privates in Travis County. Other trainers regularly work with 5 or 6 players at a time but not David. 2 players max.
This is true. In the past there would be 20-30 kids and quality scrimmages. Now there is 2-4 kids and there are no longer scrimmaging.

20-30 quality kids a year ago to 2-4 mediocre kids today ...DD, what have you done?

Culo Suave

Post by Culo Suave » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:16 pm

David's always had little privates.

Dodgedbullet

Post by Dodgedbullet » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:28 am

Wow, reading the recent comments on here, looks like Forza dropped off by a lot. Some older kids say they liked what they went through at that program, recommended them to me to take my kids, but I'm glad I didn't do that.