Discussion of Items of Interest to Western District

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

WhoCares

Re: All things PAYSL - Pflugerville

Post by WhoCares » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 am

Guest wrote:
What wrote:What the heck is the Aria?
Playewr on the 02Green team?
Who cares? This is one player unless she is Mia Hamm who really cares other than a PAYSL Daddy coach

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:58 am

WhoCares wrote:
Guest wrote:
What wrote:What the heck is the Aria?
Playewr on the 02Green team?
Who cares? This is one player unless she is Mia Hamm who really cares other than a PAYSL Daddy coach
The team only has 12 players - If one goes, the team folds.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:59 am

Guest wrote: The team only has 12 players - If one goes, the team folds.
It's unfortunate that under the PAYSL model each team/coach competes against each other to recruit and retain players. The 02G Blue (S2) team has 15 rostered. Surely there's one player who could potentially be promoted to 02G Green, but I doubt the coach will give up a valuable player (who's helping keep them off the bottom of standings).

Richard also coaches the 02G White (D2) team, and there is a player on that roster who I think can play D1. Maybe he should consider moving her, but then again...that team also only has 12 players.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Maverick wrote:
It's unfortunate that under the PAYSL model each team/coach competes against each other to recruit and retain players. The 02G Blue (S2) team has 15 rostered. Surely there's one player who could potentially be promoted to 02G Green, but I doubt the coach will give up a valuable player (who's helping keep them off the bottom of standings).

Richard also coaches the 02G White (D2) team, and there is a player on that roster who I think can play D1. Maybe he should consider moving her, but then again...that team also only has 12 players.
Yes, AP could play D1 but will he crater a lower team to save a higher one?

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Maverick wrote:

it is a struggle. something im certain PAYSL is aware of and this being the inaugural season of PAYSL FC - they will learn and adapt. i think its a great first step towards something. i still like the laissez-faire approach from the club but perhaps holding a meeting with coaches where combining teams would improve opportunities to the players would benefit. let coaches meet and discuss with a league facillitator to encourage and help solve concerns (ie, usually its coach's child so putting both coach children on same team - who will coach "top" team and can you find coach for 2nd team). im certain they'll figure it out - just hope they stay PFC and walk before run and avoid big clubs.

side note - 02 are Under 14 year olds - stating names, I believe, are TOS-able if at very least horrible on your part.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:24 pm

Public information on the team page?

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Maverick wrote:

it is a struggle. something im certain PAYSL is aware of and this being the inaugural season of PAYSL FC - they will learn and adapt. i think its a great first step towards something. i still like the laissez-faire approach from the club but perhaps holding a meeting with coaches where combining teams would improve opportunities to the players would benefit. let coaches meet and discuss with a league facillitator to encourage and help solve concerns (ie, usually its coach's child so putting both coach children on same team - who will coach "top" team and can you find coach for 2nd team). im certain they'll figure it out - just hope they stay PFC and walk before run and avoid big clubs.

side note - 02 are Under 14 year olds - stating names, I believe, are TOS-able if at very least horrible on your part.
Either way it looks like they need to recruit another player, for one of the teams.
I hope they can work it out as well. I've quite enjoyed watching the 02G Green team hold it's own in D1, with only 12 rostered. Clearly Richard's doing something right with that group of girls.

FYI-you were quoting me and I wasn't the one to identify a player. In fact, I had a different player in mind that I thought could play D1 ;)

Small Club Problems

Post by Small Club Problems » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 pm

So you have ID'd two problems. Allowing the independence and trying to make them into one club exasperates the small club problems of not enough players and no movement between teams. This is why the better players, who can afford it, run to larger clubs.

BirthYear

Post by BirthYear » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 am

All three 02 teams are stable for this year. The move to birth year rosters will shake up all three teams next year anyway. If the club does not have a plan and put structure in place now the teams will dissolve. Lack of structure related to birth year change is what started this whole conversation on the team last weekend and someone blew one comment out of proportion.

Pfall Pfreak Out

Post by Pfall Pfreak Out » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Pfall Pfreak Out -

Put on your Halloween costumes and join us for some spooky fun at our 4th Annual Pfall Pfreak Out on October 30th from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm. We will have hay rides, a haunted house and several trick or treating stations for the kids.