Re: We Are Lonestar

Post by Dumb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:50 pm

how about wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:30 pm
Keep Trying wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:32 pm
smugrr wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:54 pm
Will be interesting, Lonestar has several teams coming to Ft. Worth for the "Elite Friendlies". While they do not report scores, they are games with full referee contingent and certainly give a glimpse into where teams are headed. Will keep you up to date. Watching the 09's.

I fully expect the 09s to do well in the Elite Friendlies. LS has most of the better players in this age group in the Austin area and it is a solid team. LS coaches will play the games this weekend like their Super Bowl, so they can point to the results and the ECNL teams will treat it like a scrimmage. If you want to play ECNL competition each and every week, play on an ECNL team. Otherwise, keep fooling yourself.
I am tired of this "play on an ECNL team" BS. Why don't you go beg the ECNL powers that be to open up the damn conference and let additional clubs in? It's not like Lonestar wouldn't jump at the chance to be back in ECNL, but it's not Lonestar's say. Yes, the Texas ECNL Conference is superior to the Frontier GA Conference, and yes, there are some Frontier GA teams that would kick the crap out of some Texas ECNL teams, but aside from these "Super Bowl" opportunities, we don't exactly get a shot at doing so, now do we?

Now ask yourself, knowing the superiority of ECNL over GA, why isn't every player on every top team in Lonestar jumping ship and going to Sting? It's a very good question because it isn't happening. I suspect it has something to do with Sting. The last time they took players en masse from Lonestar's top teams was when DA folded and the parents and players on several teams panicked. From reading posts in the various boards the final results from the 2021/2022 season has Sting Austin across all ages groups from U13-U18 averaging 9th out of 12 clubs with finishes in 12th, 3rd, 10th, 12th, 7th, and 6th. The same analysis posted a couple of posts above shows Lonestar's final average result finishing 1st out of 8 clubs in GA with U13-U18 finishes in 2nd, 4th, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

There is zero doubt in my mind that if Sting Austin and Lonestar played this weekend in a promotion/relegation set of matches that Lonestar would knock Sting Austin out of ECNL. I am pretty certain that Lonestar's top 2011s in their first year playing-up to 11v11 would destroy Sting's U13 ECNL team, and I bet Lonestar's U13 GA team would beat Sting's U14 ECNL team, which is Sting's top performing team in the club. The girls now on Lonestar's U13 GA team took 1st place in the U13 Frontier Conference this past Spring as play-ups against mostly 09 teams, finishing ahead of Solar's now U13 ECNL team.

After all of this prognosticating, Lonestar would still be unlikely to finish higher than 6th in the Texas ECNL conference as things currently stand, but we will never know because they won't let them in. So spare us your "play on an ECNL team" BS, because the only ECNL club around only exists because it is getting angry second team players from Lonestar who leave. They aren't building an Academy and developing young players on their own, which is coming back to bite them.

And if ECNL had any sense of pride, they would kick out Classic Elite and Sting Royal, because they don't belong.
And the dumbest comment of the month award goes too….

Please do some research and homework before you post. Makes you look like a complete moron.

Exclusiveness

Post by Exclusiveness » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:56 pm

All our GA teams are going to Dallas this weekend and we're playing Solar and FC Dallas ECNL in every age group.

holyhell

Post by holyhell » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:02 pm

Let me guess GA will face "the top" team of all these clubs, just STOP dude. The regret from these GA parents stinks to holy hell!

Reality

Post by Reality » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:10 pm

Exclusiveness wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:56 pm
All our GA teams are going to Dallas this weekend and we're playing Solar and FC Dallas ECNL in every age group.
And the reality is, both solar and FC Dallas will use their top kids evenly with their weaker kids. When their top kids dont leave the field in league games.

Their coaches will be sitting under the tent with a relaxed attitude. They will try different shapes, different styles and will also try players in different positions.

Suggesting playing solar or fc dallas in a pre season scrimmage is comparable to playing them in league play is sooo nieve and desperate

Mommy Milkers

Post by Mommy Milkers » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:11 pm

Oh it's true. And Sting Austin ECNL couldn't even get into the tournament that's how exclusive it is.

Knit Whit

Post by Knit Whit » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Dumb wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:50 pm
how about wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:30 pm
Keep Trying wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:32 pm

I fully expect the 09s to do well in the Elite Friendlies. LS has most of the better players in this age group in the Austin area and it is a solid team. LS coaches will play the games this weekend like their Super Bowl, so they can point to the results and the ECNL teams will treat it like a scrimmage. If you want to play ECNL competition each and every week, play on an ECNL team. Otherwise, keep fooling yourself.
I am tired of this "play on an ECNL team" BS. Why don't you go beg the ECNL powers that be to open up the damn conference and let additional clubs in? It's not like Lonestar wouldn't jump at the chance to be back in ECNL, but it's not Lonestar's say. Yes, the Texas ECNL Conference is superior to the Frontier GA Conference, and yes, there are some Frontier GA teams that would kick the crap out of some Texas ECNL teams, but aside from these "Super Bowl" opportunities, we don't exactly get a shot at doing so, now do we?

Now ask yourself, knowing the superiority of ECNL over GA, why isn't every player on every top team in Lonestar jumping ship and going to Sting? It's a very good question because it isn't happening. I suspect it has something to do with Sting. The last time they took players en masse from Lonestar's top teams was when DA folded and the parents and players on several teams panicked. From reading posts in the various boards the final results from the 2021/2022 season has Sting Austin across all ages groups from U13-U18 averaging 9th out of 12 clubs with finishes in 12th, 3rd, 10th, 12th, 7th, and 6th. The same analysis posted a couple of posts above shows Lonestar's final average result finishing 1st out of 8 clubs in GA with U13-U18 finishes in 2nd, 4th, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

There is zero doubt in my mind that if Sting Austin and Lonestar played this weekend in a promotion/relegation set of matches that Lonestar would knock Sting Austin out of ECNL. I am pretty certain that Lonestar's top 2011s in their first year playing-up to 11v11 would destroy Sting's U13 ECNL team, and I bet Lonestar's U13 GA team would beat Sting's U14 ECNL team, which is Sting's top performing team in the club. The girls now on Lonestar's U13 GA team took 1st place in the U13 Frontier Conference this past Spring as play-ups against mostly 09 teams, finishing ahead of Solar's now U13 ECNL team.

After all of this prognosticating, Lonestar would still be unlikely to finish higher than 6th in the Texas ECNL conference as things currently stand, but we will never know because they won't let them in. So spare us your "play on an ECNL team" BS, because the only ECNL club around only exists because it is getting angry second team players from Lonestar who leave. They aren't building an Academy and developing young players on their own, which is coming back to bite them.

And if ECNL had any sense of pride, they would kick out Classic Elite and Sting Royal, because they don't belong.
And the dumbest comment of the month award goes too….

Please do some research and homework before you post. Makes you look like a complete moron.
Pray tell, what was incorrect in the post? You look like the moron because your drop a comment like "Please do some research and homework before you post." and then run. The team conference standing for last season are factually accurate. Solar Austin getting a couple of Lonestar's top teams after the fall of DA is factually accurate. Sting Austin lately only getting lower-than-top-team Lonestar players is factually accurate. Classic Elite and Sting Royal being in the doldrums of the Texas ECNL Conference is factually accurate. Lonestar having not received an invitation to join ECNL (Girls) is factually accurate.

Sour Grapes

Post by Sour Grapes » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:24 am

I think the post was referencing Lonestar’s history with the other Texas clubs. The reason they aren’t in ECNL has nothing to do with on the field results. It has to do with the scumbag antics they pulled when they had the leverage. Now that they don’t have the same advantages, their coaches come on message boards and social media and complain about opportunities and thump their chests about how great they are.

Keep playing scrimmages against the top teams and then move on to your GA league games. Keep watching every other top GA program run to ECNL at the first chance they get.

Keenly Aware

Post by Keenly Aware » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:31 am

Sour Grapes wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:24 am
I think the post was referencing Lonestar’s history with the other Texas clubs. The reason they aren’t in ECNL has nothing to do with on the field results. It has to do with the scumbag antics they pulled when they had the leverage. Now that they don’t have the same advantages, their coaches come on message boards and social media and complain about opportunities and thump their chests about how great they are.

Keep playing scrimmages against the top teams and then move on to your GA league games. Keep watching every other top GA program run to ECNL at the first chance they get.
I am keenly aware of the history, as I am on my 3rd child cycling through and have been around a while. It's been more than 7 years since the kerfuffle and the major contributors behind it are now gone from the club. ECNL has let other Girls DA clubs back in, including some in the Texas Conference. ECNL Boys let Lonestar back in. Regardless of all of that, the issue is all of the non-Lonestar people coming on here and saying "Come play ECNL to see how tough it is!" and "GA sucks compared to ECNL". It's not as if Lonestar as a club has a choice in the matter, so go lobby to let them in ECNL or STFU and go away. When Lonestar does get to play an ECNL team then everyone runs over here with their caveated comments like "It's not like you are going to be playing the top players!".

If I were a DOC at a GA club and ECNL came offering a spot, I would take it in a heartbeat. The league is better, plain and simple! That's not the issue; the issue is that it's a closed system with no way in other than an invitation, and that lets prideful men carrying grudges prevent a qualified, competitive club from joining. So, since Lonestar is on the outside looking in, it has no choice other than to play GA, then scrimmages, and tournaments against ECNL teams and using that as a benchmark metric because it's all they have to use.

bull

Post by bull » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:37 am

So you are saying Lonestar is the victim?? hahaha typical lonestar BS.

Revisionist History

Post by Revisionist History » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:36 pm

STFU? Kerfuffle? SMH. I think ECNL viewed the issues a little more strongly than you do. GA tried to put them out of business by saying the Clubs had to pick one or the other. Clubs like LS had to give up their spot in ECNL if they wanted in the GA. Then LS went a step farther and used their monopoly in this market to restrict players' opportunities. If you weren't on their top team at age 11, it was virtually impossible to get a look. You couldn't look at alternatives without the risk of losing your spot at LS. LS was then one of the "founding members" (I remember the Powerpoint preso) of the FDL to compete directly with ECNL and restrict player movement even further. These things all happened less than 7 years ago. Fact check.

If your kids have always been on the top teams at LS, you don't realize how hard it was for the rest of us...