Re: We Are Lonestar

Post by Wes Junk » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:12 am

Tiny Johnson wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:02 am
Heysms wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:02 pm
enano wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:36 pm

I actually laughed out loud at this. Name one good team from any of the Sting franchises, I'll wait.

They didn't have a single solitary team qualify for the playoffs....the cupboard is completely bare from the youth academy all the way up to the 19's....the incompetence runs so deep that they've managed to f up a monopoly in Austin. Why would anybody want to be a part of that?
Hey Sophie! How is married life going so far? You living the dream? It’s not a competition of suck. So if sting sucks in a better league and LS sucks in a lower league who sucks the most. I know you haven’t grown up one bit. Loser. Go hide and stop trying to deflect as usual
Hey JD! Married life is... fulfilling and satisfying. When we were together I felt empty inside...W fills the void that you never could...spiritually and in other ways. Tell me about Sting...are you as miserable there as everyone says you are? Poor little guy.

ps I'm still waiting for anybody to tell me one good team at any of the sting franchises...Dallas or Austin. BVB teams don't count.
If Wes fills that void, he must tie a 2x4 across his ass, so he doesn't fall in,,, lots of miles on that track

PopesOnTheProwl

Post by PopesOnTheProwl » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:27 am

LS website updated with new coaching assignments for the Popes. Good luck!

Zack:
U14 GA - new
U15 GA - new
U19 GA - new

Jackie:
U11 Red - Prime play-up to U12
U12 Red - Prime play-up to U13
U15 FDL - new
U16 FDL - new

I foresee a lot of guest coaches for those U11 and U12 teams!

smugrr

Post by smugrr » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm

As a Dallas area blogger, it amazes me that the Austin area with, what, a million and a half population, cannot turn out a club who is a consistent winner. But then the Houston area suffers and they have seven million.

Rightly Smug

Post by Rightly Smug » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:26 pm

smugrr wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm
As a Dallas area blogger, it amazes me that the Austin area with, what, a million and a half population, cannot turn out a club who is a consistent winner. But then the Houston area suffers and they have seven million.
The recipe for "success" here is quite a bit different than, say, the Solar model, even all the way down to the Academy level. There are fewer matches (league, intra-club, friendlies, etc.), fewer practices, and more of a reliance on outside training to improve. In many top Dallas clubs outside training is to separate yourself from others on top teams, whereas in Austin it is to be able to have a team.

I will add that parents also have a lot to do with it. Top athletes need to be pushed to recognize they have stamina and ability beyond what they currently believe is their max potential, but the "Simone Biles apologist" types here pull their kids the moment anything less than rosy is said. Spots on teams tend to be baked in vs being competitively earned year-after-year. I know plenty of people who have switched clubs due to their child being stuck on lower teams, only to kick the s**t out of their old club's top team after making a move to a new club. There are plenty of stories of Lonestar avoiding Cup and tournament matches between certain teams out of fear of the lower team will beat the higher team and the chaos that would cause.

Austin soccer isn't "competitive soccer" in the Dallas sense of the word, and it is only hurting the players. On the boys side many former Lonestar players who were once on the Austin FC Academy roster have been cleared out as they age up, which is not an indictment of Lonestar because the boys are being coached by Austin FC once joining the Academy, but it is a testament to every position on the field having to be earned year after year. Yes, I know Austin select teams can't recruit nationally, but that wasn't the point, anyway.

Clubs here like to talk about all of their player placements in colleges, yet few Austin players are starters or remain on teams by their Jr. Year, especially at D1 schools. For you hard headed people that feel compelled to tell me about the one exception you know of, I wrote "FEW", not "NO". Austin and Houston have a long way to go to catch up to Dallas, and it is not simply because the kids are grown differently up there!

ECNL Girls Results from 2020/21 - Solar finished first in every age group except for U13, where it took a very close second place.

U13 – Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Austin, Dallas, Houston, Dallas, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, OK, Tulsa
U14 - Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Tulsa, Houston, Dallas, Dallas, Houston, Austin, OK, San Antonio
U15 - Dallas, Dallas, Houston, Dallas, Dallas, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Tulsa, Dallas, Austin, OK
U16 - Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, Dallas, Houston, OK, Dallas
U17 - Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Houston, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Tulsa, Dallas, San Antonio, Dallas, OK
U18/19 - Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Houston, Dallas, Dallas, Tulsa, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, OK

Poo-Schnickens

Post by Poo-Schnickens » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 pm

PopesOnTheProwl wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:27 am

Zack:
U14 GA - new
U15 GA - new
U19 GA - new

Jackie:
U15 FDL - new
U16 FDL - new

Before Coach Wes left he told us the reason they call Zack and Jackie "The Poops" is cuz Coach Zack shits all over himself in big games.

Mee-Dee-O-Cur

Post by Mee-Dee-O-Cur » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:26 am

Poo-Schnickens wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 pm
PopesOnTheProwl wrote:

Zack:
U14 GA - new
U15 GA - new
U19 GA - new

Jackie:
U15 FDL - new
U16 FDL - new

Before Coach Wes left he told us the reason they call Zack and Jackie "The Poops" is cuz Coach Zack shits all over himself in big games.
Just looked up last season's GA records: Wes's best finish was 5th out of 9 teams. Me thinks he sharts himself, as well!

Notgoodcoach

Post by Notgoodcoach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 am

Mee-Dee-O-Cur wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:26 am
Poo-Schnickens wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 pm
PopesOnTheProwl wrote:

Zack:
U14 GA - new
U15 GA - new
U19 GA - new

Jackie:
U15 FDL - new
U16 FDL - new

Just looked up last season's GA records: Wes's best finish was 5th out of 9 teams. Me thinks he sharts himself, as well!
Wesley isn’t a good coach if being honest. Below average. He was a good talker to the less intuitive and did poet work well. He was never going to make a kid a better player or a team a better team by his presence. In fact might be the opposite after some time. A good coach isn’t obsessed w how it makes him look or what he gets from it. They are obsessed w making the game better and make the kids better every day. Also he wasn’t able to get the big dream job he had wanted years ago. The reputation was hurt a few years back. He isn’t a super accountable person and won’t be missed by his teams or the other coaches. It’s not a loss for LS at all. Overall it could work out well down the road.

Approach

Post by Approach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:25 pm

This board might be the most poisonous gossip ridden site out there.

No one who is a serious adult with half a brain takes the crap talking & uneducated opinions on here seriously which makes up 90% of this board. You have to sift through loads of garbage to find some actual useful soccer info.

Someone make another board named “useless venting” or “I am a depressing human being” so the people here who fall under that category can stay away from the soccer boards.

I get misery loves company and that’s why 90% of the people on here get on to wallow with like people but seriously can we get to posting factual and positive accomplishments of the clubs and its teams/players be it Sting or LS or Westlake or whoever because that’s a real indicator of any successes and a better way to assess what a club is doing with player development at its own levels.

No one trusts clearly angry and emotional people with the ability to have any real objective and reasonable opinion.

hissyfit

Post by hissyfit » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Approach wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:25 pm
This board might be the most poisonous gossip ridden site out there.

No one who is a serious adult with half a brain takes the crap talking & uneducated opinions on here seriously which makes up 90% of this board. You have to sift through loads of garbage to find some actual useful soccer info.

Someone make another board named “useless venting” or “I am a depressing human being” so the people here who fall under that category can stay away from the soccer boards.

I get misery loves company and that’s why 90% of the people on here get on to wallow with like people but seriously can we get to posting factual and positive accomplishments of the clubs and its teams/players be it Sting or LS or Westlake or whoever because that’s a real indicator of any successes and a better way to assess what a club is doing with player development at its own levels.

No one trusts clearly angry and emotional people with the ability to have any real objective and reasonable opinion.
fantastic first post,,, the perfect amount of hypocrisy and overly emotional whining. welcome to the sespool sweetheart your going to fit right in.

sure dude yeah

Post by sure dude yeah » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:38 pm

Wins wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:57 am
enano wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:36 pm
smugrr wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:11 pm
As a North Texas parent, I can say from what I have seen at ECNL (but younger age) there is no question she would be better off with a DFW team. Solar at this point seems to have the strongest overall program but both Sting and D'feeters have some good teams and, sometimes, FC Dallas. Go on the ECNL website for this age, check out the results from this last soccer year. There is usually a linkover to the team with name of coach and manager and contact info. Or go on the club website and go through there.
I actually laughed out loud at this. Name one good team from any of the Sting franchises, I'll wait.

They didn't have a single solitary team qualify for the playoffs....the cupboard is completely bare from the youth academy all the way up to the 19's....the incompetence runs so deep that they've managed to f up a monopoly in Austin. Why would anybody want to be a part of that?
My 2 daughters play(ed) D1 college soccer with several League Accolades - my youngest played on an ECNL team with less than a .500 record - teams wins after naught, level and speed of play along with VISABILITY of ECNL is what matters.
and let me guess,,,your 'college soccer playing daughters' had such an incredible experience playing for these sub .500 teams that you frequent this board, that is no longer relevant to you or your daughters in any way, waiting patiently for your opportunity to convince talented players to play for bad ECNL teams.

Your affinity for losers leads me to believe that you are probably a loser yourself.