STYSA not recognizing Independent teams anymore??

Discussion of issues affecting all of South Texas

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine

Slidetackle
STXSoccer JV Team

Re: STYSA not recognizing Independent teams anymore??

Post by Slidetackle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Loop Holes wrote:Just register under US CLUB soccer as a tournament team. It's cheaper than STYSA and you can save your money only for tournaments. Really all you need to put efforts into is getting a sponsor. That's what I'm doing currently with my team. Flying under the radar with one of the best girls teams in the state and only doing out of states tournaments and play up tournaments in Texas. Thank god for the sponsor we have to make this all happen.
About to so this in the Corpus area. Will see how it works out.

MikeS
STXSoccer Reserve Squad

Post by MikeS » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Slidetackle wrote:
Loop Holes wrote:Just register under US CLUB soccer as a tournament team. It's cheaper than STYSA and you can save your money only for tournaments. Really all you need to put efforts into is getting a sponsor. That's what I'm doing currently with my team. Flying under the radar with one of the best girls teams in the state and only doing out of states tournaments and play up tournaments in Texas. Thank god for the sponsor we have to make this all happen.
You could always go ask Citgo for sponsorship.

Slidetackle
STXSoccer JV Team

Post by Slidetackle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 am

MikeS wrote:
Slidetackle wrote:
You could always go ask Citgo for sponsorship.
We just secured our location (St. Andrews Park) and can now move forward with looking for sponsorship. I am still dealing with some of the standard Corpus youth soccer drama, but I think the worst has passed so our focus can turn towards the fall.

Auth

oSmWkUzVgBhkWERD

Post by Auth » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:18 pm

There's always next year and bseedis as you stated, he has had his share of trophies.I must take my hat off to you for the great photos you've been taking of events for both Ben and Kate! You'd embarass some of the sports photographers.