Why is North Texas better than South Texas?

Discussion of issues affecting all of South Texas

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine

smugrr

Re: Why is North Texas better than South Texas?

Post by smugrr » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:53 pm

From the North Texas perspective, the Frontier League is where the major clubs 4th and 5th best team goes for a few games outside the normal Girls Classic league play.

NTX guru

Post by NTX guru » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:46 am

I am from North Texas. Actually all the Frontier League teams from NTX are required to play LHGCL. Frontier League teams also have ECNL players on it as well because ECNL is US Club and Frontier League is USYS and there is no conflict. Frontier League is definitly not 4th and 5th teams. Its mixture of ECNL ECRNL and LGHCL D1.

smugrr

Post by smugrr » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Yes and no. Just looked at U-14. Only two of the major clubs have teams. I am certain they could have ECNL or ECNL-RL players playing when available, but their base team has to be at least the number 3 team. And other clubs not even participating.

missingthepint

Post by missingthepint » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:55 pm

smugrr wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:41 pm
Yes and no. Just looked at U-14. Only two of the major clubs have teams. I am certain they could have ECNL or ECNL-RL players playing when available, but their base team has to be at least the number 3 team. And other clubs not even participating.
I think what others are saying is - don't try and rank the Frontier teams - they are being used by many clubs - ECNL in particular - to get extra games for players. They are dual-rostering kids on ECNL and Frontier. Probably their first team is ECNL, but still.

Honestly - if you add up the numbers of kids for an age group at a club - then figure in ECNL, Frontier, GAL or MLS Next, USC Champions League - and then run the total - ask yourself the question - can there really that many 'elite' kids in an age group at this club? Then extrapolate for your metro area - all the clubs - all their 'elite' teams - and ask yourself the question - are there really that many 'elite' players? If you are from Houston for example which has like fewer male or female players ever even placed on the MNT or WNT than I have fingers on both hands - run those numbers - and - you will see the absurd situation the crazed youth club soccer world has created - where there are hundreds of U13 kids (12 year old boys and girls, basically 7th graders) playing - and paying for - elite soccer in Houston. That continues all the way through U18/19 (high school). This is the definition of a racket.

This is why some clubs are using Frontier to dual roster players and why you can't 'rank' those.

smugrr

Post by smugrr » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:46 am

As a further followup, my understanding is that the U13 girls division, just forming, of the Frontier League, will be the top 4 teams in Girls Classic, which are two playup teams from Solar and two 08 teams from a smaller club, no ECNL. Cannot comment on what has happened in U14 and above.

smugrr

Post by smugrr » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:14 am

Some games in younger ages in Dash Cup with mix of N. Texas, S. Texas, OK and a Mississippi team or two.

smugrr

Post by smugrr » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Looks like N. Texas did well in Dash Cup, especially in 10 and '09.