Dinh rumors

All discussions of private trainers or training facilities must go here. Users are forewarned that many of these posts may be self-promoting "ads" from trainers or their supporters and have been posted here rather than supporting the forum by purchasing an ad.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Forum rules
NO FREE ADS.
More Crap

Re: Dinh rumors

Post by More Crap » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Lineage wrote:
Logic wrote:
Popcorn is old wrote:
Lonestar making a run again.... Lets watch the popcorn again. Leave the guy alone already. He's proven his product. You don't like it then don't go. Geesh crazy parents
I know its fashiinable to pick on or blame Lonestars for every negative post but;
DD's decisions have little impact on LSC. The DD followers on LS teams are still there. It's the ones that were or ATX or CE teams that ran off to IMG leaving their team high and dry.
Those are the clubs/teams that may have a bone to pick.
I wouldn't say LS is not affected by DD's Sports Agency to IMG; DD first moved many players from LS to ATX/CE/DJCT then to IMG/Rush. Remember to find the truth in much of this, follow the money.
Was trying not to open can of worms on parent that left Lonsetar because it was so long ago and there is still not current effect on LS.

But ...... Maybe I'll spill a few worms. The parents (and I intentionally say parents) left because of their own egos and stubbornness. Not necessarily due to DD’s advice. If anything I would say he did not discourage them and went along so as to maintain his revenue stream. These parents were going to have issue regardless of where they went. One family wanted back in and LS actually said “No”, hence the move to Rush. Not sure I agree with the decision because if it’s “really about the kid” as everyone states then you find a way to work with the parent. Another one was just too impatient and had exhausted all options in Austin. The third one just follows the 2nd one wherever they go, hoping to skim a little off her glory. Hope it works out for them.
As for the CE parents, not sure why they went. The player had obviously outgrown the current playing level but not sure how IMG is any better. Must have been offered a full ride as IMG has more to gain from her than vice versa. She may have been better off enrolling in a Dallas private school and joining one of the NTX team.
So DD got a good kickback. Hopefully the players gain something positive as well.

Good product

Post by Good product » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:42 pm

We have been taking our son for a few months and have been pleased with what he has got. Most of parents are watching or working so I don't really talk much. Nothing cold though. Will be back.

No Complaints

Post by No Complaints » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:32 pm

I will admit I'm not in the soccer circles, I didn't play growing up, and I really don't know much other than what I've learned as a parent over the last 6ish years, but my daughter REALLY loves to play.

My daughter has played at two different clubs and I have been approached on the sidelines by staff/supporters of at least three others to play at different levels. I started looking at Forza on the recommendation of a "friend" to work on the technical skills and to receive the individual attention that my daughter was not getting playing at the club level.

When I spoke to David the first time he agreed to work with her on individual skills and he has kept his word. David also encouraged me to keep my daughter playing club or school ball for tactical training/development and had good things to say about several different coaches at several different clubs. He did not push me in one direction or the other, other than to give his opinion about specific coaches. I go to Forza two or three nights a week and watch, I have observed David spending time with all of the kids in each session, regardless of color/race/age/ability. I have also spoken directly or indirectly with at least three Forza alumni (two at UT and one playing professionally) all who give David a HUGE amount of credit for the success they have had. I am not saying that other trainers are not doing good things also, I am sure they are, but David seems to have found his place - Individual Skills / Technical Training.

I have NO COMPLAINTS and I can see the difference not only in skill but also in a renewed love of the game from my kid and that is all the endorsement I need. After all, it is supposed to be fun for the kids right?

If he gets paid like the rumors above by IMG or professional teams then so be it, wouldn't it be nice if we all got recognized in that way for a job "well done"?

ThankYou

Post by ThankYou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:40 pm

We all appreciate the self evaluation there big fella. Oh wait yeah I guess some random parent just happened to come on here (especialy with that description in the first few sentences) and dig up a topic from way down at the bottom of the page

AKA Big Fella

Post by AKA Big Fella » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:10 pm

No, I read the posts (this one included): Mostly you all make me laugh and sometimes I learn something about what is going on with South Texas Soccer. If you want to know, I googled David back when I was first looking into the training and this post came. Today I decided to throw my opinion in on this one, I'm sorry if that is too random for you.

~OR~

Is it just that someone disagreed with you and you have nothing other than attempted insults? Either way the topic is "Dinh Rumors" and I figured with my recent firsthand knowledge I would challenge some of the "rock throwing" with facts, and let other readers hear from a parent who has something positive to say and has had a different experience. It does not make me mad that you didn't have a good experience with Forza (or for whatever reason have an ax to grind) - Does it make you mad the we are?

I Never Walk Alone
STXSoccer JV Team

Post by I Never Walk Alone » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:21 pm

No Complaints wrote:I will admit I'm not in the soccer circles, I didn't play growing up, and I really don't know much other than what I've learned as a parent over the last 6ish years, but my daughter REALLY loves to play.

My daughter has played at two different clubs and I have been approached on the sidelines by staff/supporters of at least three others to play at different levels. I started looking at Forza on the recommendation of a "friend" to work on the technical skills and to receive the individual attention that my daughter was not getting playing at the club level.

When I spoke to David the first time he agreed to work with her on individual skills and he has kept his word. David also encouraged me to keep my daughter playing club or school ball for tactical training/development and had good things to say about several different coaches at several different clubs. He did not push me in one direction or the other, other than to give his opinion about specific coaches. I go to Forza two or three nights a week and watch, I have observed David spending time with all of the kids in each session, regardless of color/race/age/ability. I have also spoken directly or indirectly with at least three Forza alumni (two at UT and one playing professionally) all who give David a HUGE amount of credit for the success they have had. I am not saying that other trainers are not doing good things also, I am sure they are, but David seems to have found his place - Individual Skills / Technical Training.

I have NO COMPLAINTS and I can see the difference not only in skill but also in a renewed love of the game from my kid and that is all the endorsement I need. After all, it is supposed to be fun for the kids right?

If he gets paid like the rumors above by IMG or professional teams then so be it, wouldn't it be nice if we all got recognized in that way for a job "well done"?
I think Dinh does a great job. If you don't then go somewhere else. But lots of folks agree that he does a fine job. Some people just feel the need to slam him. I guess he is taking business away from them. Maybe if they were more concerned with the quality of their training as much as Dinh, then they wouldn't have this inferiority complex. You can go to Forza and watch any session, even the beginners class. Tell us about any place in town that has better quality players that are more intensely focused on improving themselves. The beginners class will be better quality training than the "advanced" training at other places in town. But tell us if you think someplace else is better. I'd be interested in knowing about it.

DB and One World Soccer do a fine job too. In 3 years I never saw anything that would make me question that they were focused on teaching soccer. But some other clubs feel the pinch from this new little club so they have to invent rumors of dirty play, or they heavily discount the fees for their players and even entire teams to entice them to leave One World.

Both Forza and One World look for players who are willing to put in the hours not just at training, but especially at home. Players who develop their touch for the ball at home. Players who watch the pros on TV so they learn how the game should be played. That is more than some players are willing to do. So those players end up at places that take their money, but provide far less in return. And the trainers at those other places should focus more on developing their players and holding them to the highest standards. That is the secret of Dinh and DB. You can do it too. Just speak up when a player doesn't do a drill properly, and is only going through the motions. Yes they might leave, but they might rise to the challenge. Or are you just interested in the most money from the biggest sized class ?

Img

Post by Img » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:58 am

Dinh does not get kickbacks from IMG. All he gets is satisfaction knowing that his kids are happy. If you question the kickbacks call IMG yourself . Contact Scott Dean the soccer director . But oh yeah I forgot it would mean you would have to shut your mouth.

Big Money

Post by Big Money » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 am

Img wrote:Dinh does not get kickbacks from IMG. All he gets is satisfaction knowing that his kids are happy. If you question the kickbacks call IMG yourself . Contact Scott Dean the soccer director . But oh yeah I forgot it would mean you would have to shut your mouth.
Thank you for actually posting or responding to a rumor and not posting a free ad. Things must be looking up over there.

Tmallens

Post by Tmallens » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:11 am

My 10yr/old son has trained with many many different trainers, coaches, and participated on several big and small clubs. (LSC, TXNS, OWSC, FCD) LSC has some good qualities that make it worthwhile to a Point, and they are big enough to offer some scholarships, also they have much soccer available. OWSC has the international training that LSC refuses to admit is valuable to a competitive player. FCD academy is 5th in the nation for youth academy, so maybe I don't need to toot their horn, it toots alone.
AM (Alan M?) down in SA does a good job tactical/ technical, and so is recognized and paid for his skills by Scorpions and others.
No complaints.
RS (Roberto Souza) is in Austin now, up from San Antonio, and he works on foot skills and player vision based on his Brazilian soccer history and has produced great results. (Also expensive)

Also been with a sleu of Brit trainers. Strength is usually their goal, they like to win, I care more about the touches, but I am not complaining.
DD (David Dinh) definitely has a training I have never even considered as necessary until I saw it. Collaboration of the senses to the self, Harmonize and coordinate the player on all levels. I say he brought in the mechanics (engineer) of soccer to the player. I say he can do to the soccer player what Billy Beane is doing to the baseball player.
However, I know nothing of history of DD, why some people here dislike him, and also, unfortunately, I can't afford him. Wish I could though, I do feel like my son is missing out on a monumental advantage by not training with DD.
I wish all clubs and trainers the best, I know some make more money and some make less, and maybe that's not fair; but 10 years ago most kids didn't have a shot at pro if born in the US. Club soccer and excellent trainers are changing that because they can make money at it. If that's what it takes I can appreciate it.
I will continue striving to make my sons goals possible, and I won't be wasting my time complaining.

Tmallens

Post by Tmallens » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 am

I Never Walk Alone wrote:
No Complaints wrote:I will admit I'm not in the soccer circles, I didn't play growing up, and I really don't know much other than what I've learned as a parent over the last 6ish years, but my daughter REALLY loves to play.

I think Dinh does a great job. If you don't then go somewhere else. But lots of folks agree that he does a fine job. Some people just feel the need to slam him. I guess he is taking business away from them. Maybe if they were more concerned with the quality of their training as much as Dinh, then they wouldn't have this inferiority complex. You can go to Forza and watch any session, even the beginners class. Tell us about any place in town that has better quality players that are more intensely focused on improving themselves. The beginners class will be better quality training than the "advanced" training at other places in town. But tell us if you think someplace else is better. I'd be interested in knowing about it.

DB and One World Soccer do a fine job too. In 3 years I never saw anything that would make me question that they were focused on teaching soccer. But some other clubs feel the pinch from this new little club so they have to invent rumors of dirty play, or they heavily discount the fees for their players and even entire teams to entice them to leave One World.

Both Forza and One World look for players who are willing to put in the hours not just at training, but especially at home. Players who develop their touch for the ball at home. Players who watch the pros on TV so they learn how the game should be played. That is more than some players are willing to do. So those players end up at places that take their money, but provide far less in return. And the trainers at those other places should focus more on developing their players and holding them to the highest standards. That is the secret of Dinh and DB. You can do it too. Just speak up when a player doesn't do a drill properly, and is only going through the motions. Yes they might leave, but they might rise to the challenge. Or are you just interested in the most money from the biggest sized class ?
I have to agree with you on all fronts.