PDSA Thread

All discussions of private trainers or training facilities must go here. Users are forewarned that many of these posts may be self-promoting "ads" from trainers or their supporters and have been posted here rather than supporting the forum by purchasing an ad.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Forum rules
NO FREE ADS.
See for yourself

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by See for yourself » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:42 am

71gl46 wrote:Pierce Kiembi, hired on at Liverpool as well

http://www.utbathletics.com/roster/11/2/986.php

Part of the great Gifton bait and switch. Pay for private training with former EPL player Gifton. Show up, Gifton nowhere to be seen. Instead you get former UT Brownsville washout Pierce Kiembi who makes you run sprints
Pierce ? He is a fine trainer. He holds the players to a high standard, and pushes them to work hard.

Sprints? Yes, isn't physical conditioning important in soccer. But he also teaches through drills. Lots of varied and challenging drills.And the small sided games are good for development too.

See for yourself. Have your youngster do a training session. Let your youngster tell you if this is an effective training session.

But maybe the person complaining is some trainer from elsewhere who is concerned that their business is down due to all the players going to PDSA. Or maybe they are concerned that their club players might start migrating over to Liverpool teams over the coming year.

It can't be the quality of the players or the training.

irlpz

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by irlpz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Nobody sends their kids to a technical SOCCER training for running laps without a ball...that's just ridiculous

SpiceMas
STXSoccer Professional Team
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by SpiceMas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:19 pm

irlpz wrote:Nobody sends their kids to a technical SOCCER training for running laps without a ball...that's just ridiculous
On the surface, I agree with you. Talking with a parent who's kid trains there, he told me the 7am session is college bound players getting in conditioning work before preseason started. There is skill work but majority of the time is running for that purpose - preseason conditioning. Here's a thought I had on this subject, for an individual to know so much about what was said, what is going on; why do you still have your kid attending the sessions? The poster never said they stop paying for sessions or removed their kid from the sessions. Why is that?

2hours

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by 2hours » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:33 pm

The session for older kids is a 2-hour session from 8pm-10pm. I guess they have enough time to spend 12 minutes on sprints or tempo runs. Running hard against others there is easier than having them run by themselves in the backyard, or at a local park/track. That still leaves them 108 minutes to work on soccer technique and small sided games.

Oh wait! Your place only does 45 (or 60) minute sessions. Ok, now I see why you think spending a few minutes developing fitness is not a good use of time. If your place spent 12 minutes on developing fitness, then that would only leave 33 (or 48 if a 60 minute session) more minutes to work on soccer technique and play small sided games.

For your situation that makes total sense.

Let me see: 108/45 = 2.4 (or 108/60 = 1.8 if a 60 minute session). So PDSA charges about the same $ and even if you say "I'm not playing to have my kids run", the players still get 2.4 (or 1.8) times as much time on soccer technique and small sided games.

I can see why your business is losing players to PDSA. But don't worry. Bashing PDSA on this forum is the way to get back customers. Don't worry about offering a more competitve against PDSA.

Whereshouldigo

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by Whereshouldigo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Instead of making up reasons to complain about PDSA, why don't you tell us where we should be going to obtain better training. Tell us why this other place is better too.

Otherwise why should satisfied customers look elsewhere. Not that I won't regularly look around for something better. But tell me why someplace else is better.

Is that crickets? ...

peace

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by peace » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:04 pm

SpiceMas wrote:
irlpz wrote:Nobody sends their kids to a technical SOCCER training for running laps without a ball...that's just ridiculous
On the surface, I agree with you. Talking with a parent who's kid trains there, he told me the 7am session is college bound players getting in conditioning work before preseason started. There is skill work but majority of the time is running for that purpose - preseason conditioning. Here's a thought I had on this subject, for an individual to know so much about what was said, what is going on; why do you still have your kid attending the sessions? The poster never said they stop paying for sessions or removed their kid from the sessions. Why is that?
I know of PDSA, Forza, and Avila on this side of town.

I would tell someone new in town or new to soccer to have their soccer player do a training session at all 3 places. Then train at the one they like best. But be open to training at one of the other places next Winter or next Summer. They all do fine work. Bette than playing Xbox at home. Find the one that fits you best.

listgoeson

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by listgoeson » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Whereshouldigo wrote:Instead of making up reasons to complain about PDSA, why don't you tell us where we should be going to obtain better training. Tell us why this other place is better too.

Otherwise why should satisfied customers look elsewhere. Not that I won't regularly look around for something better. But tell me why someplace else is better.

Is that crickets? ...
Someplace other than pdsa is better because:
1. You won't get a contact high standing next to the trainer.
2. They won't take your money and then cancel the sessions because the players "need rest".
3. You won't have to deal with Sharon.
4. You won't pay for private lessons with trainer only to have somebody you never met or heard of show up as the trainer.
5. You won't start your session 20 minutes late.
6. You will have assistant trainers who are qualified.
7. You won't pay full price while others pay nothing.
8. You won't be tempted to follow the trainer from club to club and then left holding the bill when he quits like the immature child.
9. Your trainer won't take your kid to a tournament and then tberate him at halftime because the team is getting hammered. He also won't leave after the game without talking to the kids just because his ego can't take getting hammered.
10. Etc..etc..

whereto

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by whereto » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 pm

listgoeson wrote:
Whereshouldigo wrote:Instead of making up reasons to complain about PDSA, why don't you tell us where we should be going to obtain better training. Tell us why this other place is better too.

Otherwise why should satisfied customers look elsewhere. Not that I won't regularly look around for something better. But tell me why someplace else is better.

Is that crickets? ...
Someplace other than pdsa is better because:
1. You won't get a contact high standing next to the trainer.
2. They won't take your money and then cancel the sessions because the players "need rest".
3. You won't have to deal with Sharon.
4. You won't pay for private lessons with trainer only to have somebody you never met or heard of show up as the trainer.
5. You won't start your session 20 minutes late.
6. You will have assistant trainers who are qualified.
7. You won't pay full price while others pay nothing.
8. You won't be tempted to follow the trainer from club to club and then left holding the bill when he quits like the immature child.
9. Your trainer won't take your kid to a tournament and then tberate him at halftime because the team is getting hammered. He also won't leave after the game without talking to the kids just because his ego can't take getting hammered.
10. Etc..etc..
So tell us where else can we go that is better ?

New owners

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by New owners » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 pm

So a guest trainer the other night and now Sean Gordon back as a PDSA trainer .


Where's GNW?

Back in UK. He hasn't returned.

So I hope all his followers didn't pay in advance for his training as he ain't coming back .

Glimpse

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by Glimpse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:30 am

listgoeson wrote:
Whereshouldigo wrote:Instead of making up reasons to complain about PDSA, why don't you tell us where we should be going to obtain better training. Tell us why this other place is better too.

Otherwise why should satisfied customers look elsewhere. Not that I won't regularly look around for something better. But tell me why someplace else is better.

Is that crickets? ...
Someplace other than pdsa is better because:
1. You won't get a contact high standing next to the trainer.
2. They won't take your money and then cancel the sessions because the players "need rest".
3. You won't have to deal with Sharon.
4. You won't pay for private lessons with trainer only to have somebody you never met or heard of show up as the trainer.
5. You won't start your session 20 minutes late.
6. You will have assistant trainers who are qualified.
7. You won't pay full price while others pay nothing.
8. You won't be tempted to follow the trainer from club to club and then left holding the bill when he quits like the immature child.
9. Your trainer won't take your kid to a tournament and then tberate him at halftime because the team is getting hammered. He also won't leave after the game without talking to the kids just because his ego can't take getting hammered.
10. Etc..etc..
We have been going to PDSA for years but I don't think we ever met Gifton. We keep hearing he is going to show up one of these days.

Post Reply