PDSA Thread

All discussions of private trainers or training facilities must go here. Users are forewarned that many of these posts may be self-promoting "ads" from trainers or their supporters and have been posted here rather than supporting the forum by purchasing an ad.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Forum rules
NO FREE ADS.

Re: PDSA Thread

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 am

Some of you are ridiculous. Our relationship with Gifton didn't end well. Many of the criticisms are founded. But, he's a good trainer. I also think he's pretty sincere in his training. Some people think they have to completely shred a person and can't allow any positive statement to stand. If we were writing on a thread about YOU, what should we be saying? Are your forum posts ALL OF WHO YOU ARE? If so, that's not very good. Come on. Be better. Criticize objectively.

Funny

Re: Liverpool

Post by Funny » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:38 pm

[You have set the bar pretty low. Jose - yes. But JS? He is lucky to have Cruz as a friend toget him a gig. I don't think either work there since the 3-way fell apart bn WS AS and G. Hmm I recall the Vegas over/under was 18 months. It ended after 3..[/quote]

Jermeiah Santos. Yes he is young. Yes he know Jorge and Jonathan Cruz. But he has lots of potential. Young trainers need to start somewhere. Once he's won lots then it is easy to say he is a good trainer. But for a young guy he shows a lot of potential....[/quote]

That is funny - JS was quite possibly the worst coach at RRSA when he was "let go." He had one team of older girls who had some dang good players, but when the bulk of the team moved to GSA he was not invited to go along… He attempted to get them to go to Exodus but only a few would commit… Then he was going follow Johnathan (WHO IS AN OUTSTANDING COACH) to Texans and that was a short relationship. You would think if he was so good one of the three clubs would have recognized that talent?

98-dad

Post by 98-dad » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Funny wrote:[You have set the bar pretty low. Jose - yes. But JS? He is lucky to have Cruz as a friend toget him a gig. I don't think either work there since the 3-way fell apart bn WS AS and G. Hmm I recall the Vegas over/under was 18 months. It ended after 3..
Jermeiah Santos. Yes he is young. Yes he know Jorge and Jonathan Cruz. But he has lots of potential. Young trainers need to start somewhere. Once he's won lots then it is easy to say he is a good trainer. But for a young guy he shows a lot of potential....[/quote]

That is funny - JS was quite possibly the worst coach at RRSA when he was "let go." He had one team of older girls who had some dang good players, but when the bulk of the team moved to GSA he was not invited to go along… He attempted to get them to go to Exodus but only a few would commit… Then he was going follow Johnathan (WHO IS AN OUTSTANDING COACH) to Texans and that was a short relationship. You would think if he was so good one of the three clubs would have recognized that talent?[/quote]

That's so true my daughter played for him a X-Fire - not that good of a coach.

My dime

Post by My dime » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Funny wrote:[You have set the bar pretty low. Jose - yes. But JS? He is lucky to have Cruz as a friend toget him a gig. I don't think either work there since the 3-way fell apart bn WS AS and G. Hmm I recall the Vegas over/under was 18 months. It ended after 3..

That is funny - JS was quite possibly the worst coach at RRSA when he was "let go." He had one team of older girls who had some dang good players, but when the bulk of the team moved to GSA he was not invited to go along… He attempted to get them to go to Exodus but only a few would commit… Then he was going follow Johnathan (WHO IS AN OUTSTANDING COACH) to Texans and that was a short relationship. You would think if he was so good one of the three clubs would have recognized that talent?[/quote]

My son played on JS's crossfire team. I heard that the club offered his a spot back but he left to go with JC at Atx, I wonder why he is working somewhere else less than a year later. Yes the team was a mixed bag but he didn't help anyone develop. I would look at all other options before paying him for individual training.

Retrospect

Post by Retrospect » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm

JS was on the Austin Texans fields last week. He coached my son's team at XFire a few years ago. Although I had some issues, my son says that he was the best position coach (defense) that he has had. I was surprised at that feedback, but my son was firm and said if he wanted individual training, JS would be the man to ask. So I have to give JS credit where credit is due.

haha

Post by haha » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 pm

College Prep Sessions are cancelled to tonight! After a week of working hard we would like to give our players the night off to rest. Good luck to all PDSA players that are playing in tournaments this weekend and we look forward to seeing you next week.
- PDSA Staff
Translation: I don't care that you paid for tonight. I am cancelling it anyway because I don't feel like fulfilling my obligation. I mean, ahem, the kids are tired..

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:24 pm

haha wrote:
College Prep Sessions are cancelled to tonight! After a week of working hard we would like to give our players the night off to rest. Good luck to all PDSA players that are playing in tournaments this weekend and we look forward to seeing you next week.
- PDSA Staff
Translation: I don't care that you paid for tonight. I am cancelling it anyway because I don't feel like fulfilling my obligation. I mean, ahem, the kids are tired..
When PDSA goes out of business this will be the reason. Last minute cancellations because the coaches don't show up or don't want to show up. You are getting paid to provide a service, and you can come up with whatever excuse you want for not providing it but it's not good for business..

Excuses

Post by Excuses » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:17 am

Here's one. No GNW but an unknown person called "Pierce"

Says "I don't want to teach soccer today so go run sprints"

That's what your paying for at PDSA

= Poor service
= Developing no one
= Screaming/shouting
= Attitude - bad moods

71gl46

Post by 71gl46 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Pierce Kiembi, hired on at Liverpool as well

http://www.utbathletics.com/roster/11/2/986.php

Part of the great Gifton bait and switch. Pay for private training with former EPL player Gifton. Show up, Gifton nowhere to be seen. Instead you get former UT Brownsville washout Pierce Kiembi who makes you run sprints

guest-pv

Post by guest-pv » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:51 pm

One of the PDSA teams was supposed to have a game at the Pville indoor place over the weekend but team was a no-show. Evidently GNW nor any of his minions had bothered to tell the indoor place or the other team . . . Yeah, we know taking all the kiddies to England is more important to you, but not bothering to make a phone call is just being a jerk.