Time For UT Change

Discussion of college soccer, Texas schools, Texas players etc. Started by request. Will be deleted if not used.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:05 pm

At half Texas up 1-0 at Sacramento State:
http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/1 ... igSky.aspx

In my opinion, one thing that will help Texas fans is a rework of Meyers stadium to bring fans closer to the field. Bleachers inside the track are a good start. Combining a track and soccer stadium make for a less personal and intimate experience.

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 pm

"We were able to play positively out of pressure and move for one another" -Coach Kelly on Friday's win over Colorado
http://www.texassports.com/news/2017/9/ ... o-3-0.aspx

Great wins this weekend. Colorado looked slow and uninspired Friday for a top 25 team. Today's win against the Husk was awesome! They came to do us like they did TCU but we did them instead.

First Real Test

Post by First Real Test » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Your 8-0-0, # 18 ranked Horns open big 12 conference play this Friday against Iowa State and WVU comes to town Sunday.

CENTX Connexion

Post by CENTX Connexion » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Great game by UT ladies. Gotta love that our own contributed to the scoring play. #3 with steal and pass, 25 with skills and pass to scorer.

Congrats ladies.

PacmanJr_00
STXSoccer Forum Legend

Post by PacmanJr_00 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 pm

10-0 after defeating #5 West Virginia today

last undefeated soccer team in Div1
"The greed that has permeated our country’s youth soccer programs is holding up the development of our players by requiring every person who wants to play, to pay OUTRAGEOUS fees that get more and more expensive as the players get older."

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:02 am

"I feel like as a soccer player, no matter what position you are, you practice with both feet. You can be in any situation and you have to be able to use both feet to do anything." -Haley Berg after Iowa State
http://www.texassports.com/news/2017/9/ ... state.aspx

We drove in from a youth game to catch the last 25 minutes in person. We feel very honored and grateful to have watched the Horns top West Virginia! What a beautiful role model the team is for our DD! Not just this year but for many years past as well.

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Yeahhh!!! Mikayla Flores scores her first of the season against Kansas!

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Time to adjust the scheme or player attitude after that stinker of a loss. I just don't think the Horns are going to win again unless they apply quicker and more sustained pressure on defense and mark up.

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Whew! First time culture shock at Baylor with the prayer (which was great!), lack of a jumbotron, nothing but intimate seating et cetera. It was unnerving in a fun way to arrive a half hour early and catch the warm up up close. We felt like at any time we might be noticed by the players.

I agree with the post win official comments that Mikayla and Emily each had a great game. We particularly enjoyed it when Mikayla distance sprinted from her forward position to strip the ball from a Bear loitering on top of our defense. If I recall, our D was faithfully executing the "scheme" insofar as I have divined it this season. As have many teams lately, the Bears attacked our "scheme" very aggressively. I think the Horns have started to adjust to opponent counter scheming by becoming aggressive back, all while faithfully executing the "scheme", which is a very subtle hard thing to discern and execute. So I would say the Horns have made at least one adjustment as an extra layer on top of the "scheme". Congratulations Horns, coaches and players alike!

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Good Luck Horns against Baylor! The look on your faces after the OSU game should easily be worth two points of effort on top of whatever else you score today!