Time For UT Change

Discussion of college soccer, Texas schools, Texas players etc. Started by request. Will be deleted if not used.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

camp

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by camp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Cutting through town to avoid I35 and noticed the soccer goals up in the intramural fields so I cut back through that way a little later to see what was going on. Looks like a u-little camp with "coach Kelly" standing in the middle of about 50 or so kids. I would have thought UT would have pulled in more kids than that?

TexasSoccer

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by TexasSoccer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm

camp wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm
Cutting through town to avoid I35 and noticed the soccer goals up in the intramural fields so I cut back through that way a little later to see what was going on. Looks like a u-little camp with "coach Kelly" standing in the middle of about 50 or so kids. I would have thought UT would have pulled in more kids than that?
My DD went to a lot of camps over the years and that was one camp she did not enjoy. That was the last camp she went to as she as older and the intensity and technical instruction was lacking. She said more emphasis was put on Lilley and Kelly rooming with Mia than the game of soccer.

Who You Know

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by Who You Know » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 am

TexasSoccer wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm
camp wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm
Cutting through town to avoid I35 and noticed the soccer goals up in the intramural fields so I cut back through that way a little later to see what was going on. Looks like a u-little camp with "coach Kelly" standing in the middle of about 50 or so kids. I would have thought UT would have pulled in more kids than that?
My DD went to a lot of camps over the years and that was one camp she did not enjoy. That was the last camp she went to as she as older and the intensity and technical instruction was lacking. She said more emphasis was put on Lilley and Kelly rooming with Mia than the game of soccer.
I guess that falls under "go with what got you there"?

Predictions

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by Predictions » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:01 pm


Smith from UT

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by Smith from UT » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Jill Ellis names 23-player USWNT roster for Tournament of Nations

Abby Smith (Boston Breakers; 0/0)

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/nt/inter ... f-nations/

No Texas Schools

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by No Texas Schools » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm

http://www.soccerwire.com/notes/united- ... n-ranking/

United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division I Women – National – Preseason Ranking

aggy

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by aggy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:17 am

No Texas Schools wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm
http://www.soccerwire.com/notes/united- ... n-ranking/

United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division I Women – National – Preseason Ranking
it is just a preseason ranking. I am a Longhorn myself but can't imagine A&M doesn't deserve to be in the preseason rankings. Adding Ally Watt after her u20 wwc run will be a game changer.

Not a good start

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by Not a good start » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Texas luckily beats Incarnate Word 2-0. The program looks like it is still going backwards. If they do not kick ass against Rice Friday night coach Kelly should be looking for a new J-O-B. Please let's not waste another year.

huh

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by huh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Not a good start wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:02 pm
Texas luckily beats Incarnate Word 2-0. The program looks like it is still going backwards. If they do not kick ass against Rice Friday night coach Kelly should be looking for a new J-O-B. Please let's not waste another year.
I am all for being down on Kelly but curious why you call it luck to beat Incarnate Word 2-0? You must not have been there but I am curious anyway.

attack

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by attack » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 am

huh wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 pm
Not a good start wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:02 pm
Texas luckily beats Incarnate Word 2-0. The program looks like it is still going backwards. If they do not kick ass against Rice Friday night coach Kelly should be looking for a new J-O-B. Please let's not waste another year.
I am all for being down on Kelly but curious why you call it luck to beat Incarnate Word 2-0? You must not have been there but I am curious anyway.
IW was in UTs back 1/3 A LOT and has several close misses, UT backfield was very unorganized and confused to the point of arguement. Little IW looked just as good as UT did start to finish.

Post Reply