Time For UT Change

Discussion of college soccer, Texas schools, Texas players etc. Started by request. Will be deleted if not used.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine, generalzodd

Stats

Re: Time For UT Change

Post by Stats » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:57 pm

No doubt Angela Kelly should be scrutinized. Texas has been on a decline for the past few years. As a Fan of all Texas sports I'd like to see the Horns do well across the board. Last year was dismal for a lot of the teams. As for the soccer team, I still think that major injuries to two major contributors minimized last year's production. Many more injuries prevented cohesion of team play. So we can definitely scrutinize the quality of the players who were suppose to provide depth in soccer skills - that comes from talent evaluation and getting the best recruits.

I have to take the bait on this one (due to not seeing the game) because the blanket statement of "IW was in UTs back 1/3 A LOT" doesn't say much. It's just your opinion and like so many other post on this sight, it comes across as biased hate filled with ignorance. So I took the time to look at the stats from the game.
So if "IW was in UTs back 1/3 A LOT and has several close misses, UT backfield was very unorganized and confused to the point of argument", can you explain how IW only had 8 total shots as compared to Texas' 30? Also, Texas only recorded 3 saves. Compared to IW's 10 saves. So only 3 shots of IW were on goal. Which coincidently is the same number of corner kicks for IW.

Going by stats alone I will have to disagree with your statement "Little IW looked just as good as UT did start to finish." and simply say you did a piss poor job of trolling.

Now the real complaint should be finishing - 30 shots with 12 on goal and walking away with only two goals. That's not going to help last year's Big 12 record.

Rice

Post by Rice » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:54 am

UT and Rice at 7:00 PM.... Game Day Predictions?

ugh

Post by ugh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Rice wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:54 am
UT and Rice at 7:00 PM.... Game Day Predictions?
unfortunately, I prefered to watch Rice EXCEPT for a couple of the attackers for Texas who were class (2,3, Flores, and Hntzen?)

it was not an easy game to watch for Texas style of play

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:36 am

I'm pretty happy with the coach and coaching. The D has improved steadily through all three games, but was slow to mark up in the first two games. If I had to guess, I'd say the team worked mostly on small sided technical stuff before Word and were just full sided match rusty. Word and Rice were feisty getting to the ball first very well. Kentucky seemed passive in comparison.

I am particularly excited about #3 Emily Strouphauer 5-7 Fr. M/F Round Rock, Texas. In the three games we went and watched this August so far, she seemed to work, think and move about twice as much and fast as everyone else. She made at least one mistake on Sunday, but other than that she's what we want from all players at Texas.

Not Impressive

Post by Not Impressive » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

Rice should have been up 3-1 at half easily. The Texas back line was porous. Texas had no real transition between midfield and forwards. Texas with he resources and talent should have been 5-0 on Rice. Rice mid field and back line looked like a bad high school team and Texas still could not make connection. Texas back and middle 1/3rds had so many unpressed clearances that could have / should have been settled and played. I get the keeper is not Abby, but if that is the best we have we are in trouble. Stats for Friday show everything even but UT comes out on top 2-1. I didn't see Sunday. Stats say Texas owned W. Kentucky, but 2-0 is not an impressive result.

When UT plays UNT, Cal, WV, TT, Baylor it is going to be really UGLY if Coach Kelly can't find some magic.

Cal

Post by Cal » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:07 pm

Five games in:
INCARNATE WORD (EXHIBITION) 2-0
Rice 2-1
WESTERN KENTUCKY 2-0
University of LITTLE ROCK 2-1
UNT 1-0
Overall record of 5-0-0

Cal (25) after four games...
UC IRVINE 2-1
SANTA CLARA (24) 2-1
University of SAN FRANCISCO 0-1
UC DAVIS 2-0
Record 3-1-0

Thoughts?

Cupcakes

Post by Cupcakes » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Cal wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:07 pm
Five games in:
INCARNATE WORD (EXHIBITION) 2-0
Rice 2-1
WESTERN KENTUCKY 2-0
University of LITTLE ROCK 2-1
UNT 1-0
Overall record of 5-0-0

Cal (25) after four games...
UC IRVINE 2-1
SANTA CLARA (24) 2-1
University of SAN FRANCISCO 0-1
UC DAVIS 2-0
Record 3-1-0

Thoughts?
Good start did what they were suppose to do. I watched two matches and was not overwhelmed. The back line looks suspect to me. Goalkeeping not sold on yet either. Lots of issues. This weekend will be a better read. Then big 12 play starts and we will see. So far taking care of business. Happy for them Kelly may be around to see her seventh grade commits after all.

Cal Game

Post by Cal Game » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:40 pm

If/when they lose to Cal then that will tell you that NOTHING is different. They have played a bunch of quality high school level teams so far and quite frankly struggled to beat a couple of them. Out of ALL the UT coaches on campus Kelly has been by far the most underachieving of them all and yet she still remains. Why? First of all, UT could not give a rats A$$ about women's soccer and two- they like the fact that they have at least a few head coaches that are females and if they fire her then they have to do a search to find another female coach to replace her. Not easy or at least not easy to find one to take the program to where it should be

Soccer Aside

Post by Soccer Aside » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:58 am

All things Soccer aside, I posted this for some levity. Note the UT Professor, then stop wasting your hard earned dollars at UT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVoJh55 ... e=youtu.be

College Choice

Post by College Choice » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Why anyone would choose a school like UT for soccer is beyond me. They always underperform, even with the best recruits in Texas. So you don't get a decent education and you don't get the soccer. I guess if you choose for soccer, you should at least choose a great party school with a soccer program like Arizona State vs Texas State. At least you'll have a blast and play some decent soccer less the education.