Lonestar getting rid of "older" coaching staff?

If it doesn't go somewhere else, it goes here.

Moderator: Grapevine

mike

Lonestar getting rid of "older" coaching staff?

Post by mike » Sat May 14, 2011 10:54 am

Apparently Lonestar sent out a letter that they are getting rid of some coaches. Apparently the rumor is all the coaches are over 45 years of age and the letter referred to getting younger coaching staff..sounds like a good law suit in the making for age discrimination if that is true.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Lonestar getting rid of "older" coaching staff?

Post by admin » Sat May 14, 2011 12:25 pm

The "text" of this "e-mail" was posted here a few weeks ago. I received an e-mail promptly from Rob Ferguson who stated it was a fake. I took down the post and invited the original poster to e-mail the true e-mail with headers and I would repost it. I stand by that offer, but nobody has sent it in.

For that reason, I declare the rumor of an email "FALSE"
Thanks for visiting STXSoccer.com

Please review our Terms of Service: www.stxsoccer.com/terms.html

S0TXS0cc3r
STXSoccer Varsity Team

Post by S0TXS0cc3r » Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 pm

admin wrote:The "text" of this "e-mail" was posted here a few weeks ago. I received an e-mail promptly from Rob Ferguson who stated it was a fake. I took down the post and invited the original poster to e-mail the true e-mail with headers and I would repost it. I stand by that offer, but nobody has sent it in.

+1 Admin...I thought that seemed a little over the top when I saw it.

heardtoday

Post by heardtoday » Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Was at the CAYSA tournament in Georgetown today and heard Wolf is going to GSA, bringing high school prospects that can benefit from his national connections.

Guest behind 7 proxy servers

Post by Guest behind 7 proxy servers » Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 pm

admin wrote:The "text" of this "e-mail" was posted here a few weeks ago. I received an e-mail promptly from Rob Ferguson who stated it was a fake. I took down the post and invited the original poster to e-mail the true e-mail with headers and I would repost it. I stand by that offer, but nobody has sent it in.

admin,

Is this not a slippery slope? Header information can be altered or contain information that could expose details about the recipient that they don't want revealed. Also, if RF did send out this email and it was sent in confidence but then posted here for all to see then it would be rather easy for RF to email you and say that it was a fake.

He surely cannot hide behind his legal disclaimer at the bottom of his emails. We should all realize that this is not a binding contract between the original sender of the email and person being forwarded the email by the intended recipient.

Although the email in question did seem to have details that seemed odd and extreme and unusual for public consumption, could it also be equally plausible that RF did send the email or that it was sent in an altered state of notmal senses.

Post by Guest » Sun May 15, 2011 12:26 pm

But what about the rumor they are cutting older, more expensive coaches in favor of younger, cheaper ones?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Guest behind 7 proxy servers wrote:

admin,

Is this not a slippery slope? Header information can be altered or contain information that could expose details about the recipient that they don't want revealed. Also, if RF did send out this email and it was sent in confidence but then posted here for all to see then it would be rather easy for RF to email you and say that it was a fake.

He surely cannot hide behind his legal disclaimer at the bottom of his emails. We should all realize that this is not a binding contract between the original sender of the email and person being forwarded the email by the intended recipient.

Although the email in question did seem to have details that seemed odd and extreme and unusual for public consumption, could it also be equally plausible that RF did send the email or that it was sent in an altered state of notmal senses.
Guest -

If somebody tells me that a fake e-mail of theirs has been posted, I will remove it as that is a violation of the TOS.

If the anonymous poster wishes to swear it is true, I have a nice handy affidavit form and will happily provide it to them.
Thanks for visiting STXSoccer.com

Please review our Terms of Service: www.stxsoccer.com/terms.html

KidsCoach
STXSoccer Select Team

Post by KidsCoach » Tue May 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Yes the experience factor is going to be reduced considerably I don't think anyone at Lonestar will really dispute this. Younger coaches with less experience and who are hungrier, or from the accounting side cheaper. It's not going to hurt LSC as they are still growing and as long as the funnel keeps getting bigger you are going to be able to squeeze out some top notch talent out at the D1, WDDOA, ECNL pick your top notch flavor divisions. You have to admire their business acumen and the way they swallowed up so may clubs, and they are starting to make some noise at the top now.

They have always had very young and inexperienced coaches for the bulk of their Academy programs and that is sort of to be expected. Lots of new names will be out there. You need to remember J.D. who pulled in the Lone LSC national championship had already been told he did not have what it took to coach D1 at LSC before he moved onto the Pines of North Houston.

If LSC can get good results from this younger group, it will reap longer term rewards and then in a few years this same crew will find itself being pushed out by a new group of young (cheaper) coaches. It's sort of the Soccer trainer cycle of life is it not to some degree?

GK19

Post by GK19 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 pm

On the other hand, if I'm paying big bucks for Little Johnny to play for LSC, I want a coach with some proven experience, not the new "experimental" guy. If some of the "older" guys are pushed out, I hope they lawyer up, especially if the rumored email turns out to be a fact.

Guestee

Post by Guestee » Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm

GK19 wrote:On the other hand, if I'm paying big bucks for Little Johnny to play for LSC, I want a coach with some proven experience, not the new "experimental" guy. If some of the "older" guys are pushed out, I hope they lawyer up, especially if the rumored email turns out to be a fact.
I've seen some of the new "experimental" guys excel with the youth ages (9-11) in the Houston area. These coaches often infused more energy and love for the game into these kids than any of the experienced coaches would - along with good skills training, which is what I value at those ages. And if the younger guys have guidance from the experienced coaches on how to handle parents, league issues and the like (a lot of what experience gives you), they can be very effective. Don't expect to get the most experienced coaches for Little Johnny at the younger ages at any club.