US - Mexico

Discussion of the international game, both pro leagues and international fixtures.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine

House

Re: US - Mexico

Post by House » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 am

While Mexico celebrates wining youth World Cups and Olympic gold medals the US celebrates finally beating them at their home for the first time ever......in a friendly.....in a half-empty stadium..... in a game they lose 5-0 any other day.
Time for the US to start looking for a new rivalry. Maybe Belize

Loyalty

Post by Loyalty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:31 am

Moving a subject that didn't belong on the ECNL thread. Rush girls that chose to play for Mexico because the National coaches didn't choose them for the US.

My thoughts. Play for the country from where you are born. If you choose to play for another country then it should be because you love and support that country not because you didn't make it elsewhere. This is idealistic at best because it is a me me me society.

If you do choose to play for another country via loop hole then have some class and respect other peoples patriotism. In short, choose the correct avenue to brag about Mexico beating the US. Otherwise expect some backlash.

The subject is Olympics not college, MLS or pro soccer. Keep that subject separate.

If you want to give praise to the girls then here is the spot to do so. Good Luck.

Boyd

Post by Boyd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Get a life.
They're just a bunch of little girls trying to live the dream of going to a World Cup.
Besides, the US is in no position to complain about this kind of situations since nobody takes advantage of this rule like we do. Nobody
Kind of pathetic really since we have the most kids playing soccer and yet we depend on Germany's sloppy seconds for our national team.... just in case you're looking for something to complain about.