USWNT

Discussion of the international game, both pro leagues and international fixtures.

Moderators: SAChamps, Grapevine

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

USWNT

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/0 ... mens-team/
“Over the past decade, U.S. Soccer paid our Women’s National Team more than our Men’s National Team,” Cordeiro said in his letter. “From 2010 through 2018, U.S. Soccer paid our women $34.1 million in salaries and game bonuses, and we paid our men $26.4 million — not counting the significant additional value of various benefits that our women’s players receive but which our men do not.”
-U.S. Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro

The women have served as fantastic role models for my DD since 2015. They seem to be taking the negotiation stance they can bring it all down with their profanity laced rants at parades and against elected politicians. That has gone over very poorly in our house hold. I think the team can be rebuilt with more respectful and accountable players with out any drop off at all.

Soccer Fu Austin
STXSoccer Select Team

Re: USWNT

Post by Soccer Fu Austin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm

https://www.longislandpress.com/2019/08 ... ng-island/

What would you say to someone who doesn’t consider you and your teammates to be good role models for young girls? I’d say if we’re not good role models then who is? We represent unity, we represent inclusion, we represent love, we represent competitiveness, we represent discipline, hard work, sacrifice. Every single thing you’d want your child to look up to, that’s what we embody. We’re winners. For me, there’s no better role model than the USWNT. These women are powerful, strong, fierce females, and they stand up for what’s right.
-Allie Long interviewed by her brother

I wish Allie and her team mates would also include respect and accountability. Until then, you may be great players, but in my self regarding sphere, you are no longer proper role models for my children. Additionally you are literally shooting yourselves in the foot instead of your negotiating goal of greater compensation. Do yourselves a favor and decouple gender from your quest for more money. You are comparing yourselves to a bunch of under achievers. Instead look for ways to reduce cost within your organization so that those savings can accrue directly to your checking accounts.